This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Newbie from WA state

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Carlz
Zip Code: 98604

Newbie from WA state

Postby Carlz » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:31 pm

I am restoring a farm that has been in my wife’s family over a hundred years. in addition to the work on the 1850 barn, there are two super As, and an IH 806. Since I am retiring and will have the time, considering rebuilding the super A that has a seized engine. My wife has a sentimental attachment to it, she spent a lot of time on it in her younger days. I will be asking for advice in the future. Thanks in advance. Carl

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Newbie from WA state

Postby Glen » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:45 pm

Hi,
If the tractor's engine is stuck, I would check for stuck valves also.
The Super A operator's manual can help you learn about maintenance that the Super A needs.
Below is the Super A operator's manual. The experts on here recommend people read it. It has lots of info about operation, maintenance, and lubrication. There is an index beginning on page 74.
It shows how the Super A originally looked in it. The lube section begins on page 20.
https://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.cle ... index.html

I would check or change all the oils before using the Super A, using it with low oil in a gear housing can damage the parts in the housing.
There are 3 separate gear housings, with 3 separate oil levels to check, in the rear area of a Super A, the transmission, and 2 final drives.

The air cleaner is an oil bath air cleaner. Dirt that is sucked in settles to the bottom of the oil cup. It should have clean, light motor oil in the oil cup to work right.

Other manuals can be found at the top of the page at Quick links, then go to PDF Manuals,
or at Cub Info, then go to Rudi's Manuals.
There is a search box at the top of the page, to the right of the Farmall Cub, you can find info in posts that have been made.
I'm in Wa. too. :)
Last edited by Glen on Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carlz
Zip Code: 98604

Postby Carlz » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:39 pm

I checked and it says PMs are allowed, what am I doing wrong?

Carl

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:55 pm

Hi,
Your PM works now, I don't know why it wouldn't work, if you didn't change anything.
I sent you a PM, you get to it at the top of the page.

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:32 pm

Welcome to the forum.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Return to “Introduce Yourself”