New kid from Colorado

Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:53 pm

Hello all!

I joined up earlier this week and immediately started asking questions rather than coming here first. Found a '51 Cub in Strasburg, CO over a year ago and have had my eye on it ever since. The engine was half dismantled when I found it and has remained that way. It was at least fairly well wrapped so no rust to speak of save what I found inside the manifold. I'm hoping it doesn't give me too much trouble during the rebuild but if there was ever a person with Murphy's curse it would be me ;). I'll keep posting pictures and update as the battle ensues.

Thanks,

Travis

P.S. Someone had asked if the Shackleton name was based on the Antarctic explorer which is exactly right! No relation but a great personal role model.

Re: New kid from Colorado

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:57 pm

Welcome aboard! Always glad to have another Bronco fan, even though this may our dark times ahead. ....... :( :( :(

Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:23 pm

Welcome, Travis. :D

Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:02 pm

See you tomorrow! Mini Cubfest at Travis' !! :D

Bob

Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:40 pm

Welcome, Travis, to a great forum with fantastic people and more infor (as I'm sure you have already discovered) than you can possibly imagine. :D :D

Enjoy putting that Cub back together. :D :D

Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:57 pm

rjmac wrote:See you tomorrow! Mini Cubfest at Travis' !! :D

Bob

Now wait just one dadburn minute :D I won't be in Colorado until the end of the month. Have a great time fellas :!:

Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:07 pm

Donny, Just let me know what (if anything) you need practice on. I'm sure I have a Cub that needs it. :lol:

Bob

Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:57 pm

Travis,
Welcome to the forum!
Best of luck with your Cub!

Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:32 am

Travis,

Welcome to the Forum

Have fun with your Cub, are in the right place for help and advice.

Keep us posted, pictures are nice also.

Mark

Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:55 am

Welcome to Farmallcub.com Travis :{_}:

Kyle

Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:20 am

Welcome, Travis! Glad you have you and look forward seeing some pictures of your cub!

Dave

Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:34 am

Welcome to the Forum Travis.
Keep posting and let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:47 am

Welcome to the forum Travis.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:02 pm

Travis:

Welcome, and sorry for being tardy in seeing this thread.... :roll: :oops:

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server where you will find a bunch of really useful links.

Hope you enjoyed the minifest with Bob :{_}: :!: