This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A cultivators

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Magnum
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: Nope
Circle of Safety: Y

A cultivators

Postby Magnum » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:35 pm

Can someone provide a link or some guidance on hooking up cultivators to an A ? I bought a manual lift arm today and was offered a set of cultivators for it . Another question is will B cultivators work ? Is there a depth control like what is used on the cub ? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: A cultivators

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:06 pm

I'm sure that several of us could mount them in less time than it would take to explain it. It is fairly involved. The B cultivators are almost totally different from A cultivators. Depth on a hand lift system is controlled by small movement of the master lift lever.

Magnum
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!

Postby Magnum » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:42 am

Is there a manual available ? The a cultivators are mixed in with b . I'd like some type of reference just to make sure I grab the correct ones. And thank you Jim for the reply

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:35 pm

I only have parts of one for an A. its on a pallet that I bought on auction and has a wild looking lift that I still havent figured how it mounts.
I dont have a manual for it but there should be one floating around on the internet for them.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:33 am

The problem is that there were 3 different lift systems (that I know of) and multiple cultivator models with a lot of options on each. There were several models covered in one manual. So even with it in hand it will not be easy for you to sort one out.

I take it you don't yet own the A cultivator and on top of that it is in pieces and mixed in with a B cultivator. Are you working on a deal that gets you the A parts but you are expected to leave the B parts there? If you can post pictures of what you already have and of the available cultivater, we can help sort it out. If we can see it, we may be able to come up with a model number so you can find a manual.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the answer you are looking for. But we just aren't at a point yet to get you the answer you are looking for.

Magnum
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!

Postby Magnum » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:15 pm

Correct , I do not own them yet . He has a b there so I guess I can cross reference to that tractor he has a number of b lift arms as well . I'm half tempted to see what he'd take for the whole lot .

SamsFarm
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 44410
Tractors Owned: 1968 Cub Fast Hitch
LF-1 Platform Carrier
144 Cultivators
L-F194 Plow(s)
F38 Disk
L-F3 Spring Tooth Harrow
CS Bell No. 60 Grain Mill on a unmodified Fast Hitch Disk hitch prong
Home Made Fast Hitch Potato Plow
54A Blade

Couple 1948 Cubs
172 Runner Planter
53 Fertilizer
Cub-3 Field Cultivator
Cub-189 Two Way Plow
Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower
Mechanical Transplanter with side mount barrel (needs a fast hitch adapter) :)

Misc Belly Mowers

Wish List
International 100 Fast Hitch Blade
Mott Fast Hitch Flail Mower

Wish Wish Wish List
Fast Hitch Rotary Hoe
4E hammer mill

Postby SamsFarm » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:16 pm

Magnum wrote:Correct , I do not own them yet . He has a b there so I guess I can cross reference to that tractor he has a number of b lift arms as well . I'm half tempted to see what he'd take for the whole lot .

Just buy the whole lot!

:)
1968 Cub Fast-Hitch

M6Scout
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 13337
Tractors Owned: 1970 IH Cub with 5 implements
1966 140 with Manuer bucket fast hitch & 3 impliments

Postby M6Scout » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:53 am

Hi Folks,
I have an excellent running A with nice patina with front and rear cultivators. I can take pictures for you.
I have a set of L/R plows and 2 extra sets of cultivators 1 with lift assembly and 1 without.

Magnum
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!

Postby Magnum » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:51 pm

If It ain't too much trouble , I would like to see them .