This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Want to see a NOS Farmall 140?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Want to see a NOS Farmall 140?

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:55 pm

Al, it would be nice/intresting to know more about this tractor such as the history of if it was ran regularly to keep it up, if it was repainted, etc. I figured you'd know or know someone that did.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:02 pm

AL Farmall Boy wrote:Al, it would be nice/intresting to know more about this tractor such as the history of if it was ran regularly to keep it up, if it was repainted, etc. I figured you'd know or know someone that did.

The owner (IH farmers and salvage yard owners) purchased it new with another new 140 in 1981 from an IH dealer in GA. The other one was purchased by another IH dealer, I believe C&D in Burlington, NC. It was sold and went to work. This one was kept in a shed in storage. From the pics I have seen, it was never used, in the pics I have the universal frames are installed but not connected to the TC arms. It is new, never repainted, never been in the field. As of 2008 they had been offered as much as $20,000 for it and wouldn't accept it. From what I am hearing the farm and tractor repair operation is being sold/split up, thus the reason for the sale.

Here's the post from Red Power Magazine from 2008 with some pics as it sat in storage. http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/ ... 6-new-140/

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:37 pm

Thanks Al. Some good information you've provided. If entirely original, I suspect the oil filter and plug wires have been changed as they don't have any red paint on them from the overspray from the factory (we have actually owned an original tractor with those items). Although those can be considered consumable parts and could have been replaced as maintenance. My issue with the paint is that the hood is considerably a different shade thus looking like a repaint. Honestly I don't care either way, as it is a very nice Farmall 140 tractor!! I highly doubt that it'll sell for over $20,000 at auction these days, but we shall see.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:00 pm

I'm guessing it got one oil change somewhere along the way, looks like an IH filter. Maybe the hood is a different shade because it was the way IH was painting stuff by then--the bigger tractors from the early 80s fade to different colors.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:40 am

Super A wrote: Maybe the hood is a different shade because it was the way IH was painting stuff by then--the bigger tractors from the early 80s fade to different colors.

Al

Ok. Didn't know that.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”