Re: A owner, new to forum

Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:30 pm

Ahh whoops. must have missed that lol. Well, my advice still stands haha.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Well, got my first parts order in. Got my engine gasket set, along with a sediment bowl gasket - or rather, TEN bowl gaskets. Also, even though the numbers match my carb exactly, most of the carb kit parts seem to be slightly different, and so I only used the gasket out 9 the whole $35 kit. Super excited to have the gaskets so I can start seriously cleaning the engine up. Need to find a good magneto soon!

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:47 am

Ok, guys, I have a question about questions: seems like some of my specific questions have gotten lost in this thread, and gone unanswered. My original thought was to keep everything in one thread for convenience of posting and monitoring, as well as future reference. Do y'all think it would be better, and would I get more responses to specific how-to questions, if I posted each question in its own thread? Or, start a new thread just soliciting answers to my questions, and keep this one for progress updates?

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:08 am

I would suggest a new post. Personally, I don't reread from the first post to the end each time a new post is made. List the questions you still have, and possibly label it "part 2".

Bob

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:33 pm

Will do. I'll just start some new threads. On some other forums I've been on, when you're logged in, you can tell a glance which threads have posts that you haven't seen, then click on a button that will take you to the first one that you haven't read. If this forum has that function, I've missed it. Sure is handy, though.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Capnball wrote:On some other forums I've been on, when you're logged in, you can tell a glance which threads have posts that you haven't seen, then click on a button that will take you to the first one that you haven't read. If this forum has that function, I've missed it. Sure is handy, though.

Found it. Little button appears immediately before title on threads that have unread posts.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:23 pm

You can also click on "view new posts" or "view unread posts" in the line above "Farmall site information".

Bob