This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

governor problem

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
countershaft
10+ Years
10+ Years

governor problem

Postby countershaft » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:54 pm

I get no response to the throttle linkage , no speed increase or decrease. I checked all the linkage on the governor /carburetor route and it's ok. The speed change lever isn't functioning properly. I'm convinced the governor spring is either broken or disengaged from the spring lever and won't regulate the speed of the engine. As per schematic , the spring is located inside the housing, which means removing it from the engine. That scares me with all the needle and thrust bearings inside. Is there any fluid inside the housing, I've noticed an oil leak at the bottom of the housing where the gasket fits against the engine. thanks
1958 Farmall Cub , 1948 Farmall Super A , 1950 Farmall Cub demonstrator (restoring), 1968 Wheel Horse lawn mower.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:21 pm

The balance spring is (or should be) external. If you don't see it, you've found your problem.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

countershaft
10+ Years
10+ Years

George,

Postby countershaft » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:02 am

I'm talking about a Farmall Super A now. I should have noted that in my post. That's why I posted on this board. I know the Cub is external. I can't see the spring and the schematic shows it inside the housing . thanks bryson
1958 Farmall Cub , 1948 Farmall Super A , 1950 Farmall Cub demonstrator (restoring), 1968 Wheel Horse lawn mower.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”