This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super C steering difficult

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DonMountain
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65101

Super C steering difficult

Postby DonMountain » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:44 pm

I have a Farmall Super C that I am trying to get up and going to mow grass for the summer. I have a 6' wide grass mowing deck I use with it. After sitting for two years in the barn with a lot of fine grain clay soil blowing around it, I am not sure what has been gummed up in the steering system. I greased the two bearings on the steering wheel shaft and changed the oil in the front steering gearbox, but it still is turning with difficulty. Not like it used to be easy to turn with one hand. Is there any grease fittings on the tricycle turning bearings? I see what appears to be two flat plates that allow rotation of the lower one holding the vertical shaft to the wheels? How is all of this rotation points lubricated? I have the operator's manual but don't see any reference to this?

Don
1959 International Cub Lo-Boy W/Fast hitch, 59 Woods, dozer blade, plow
1954 Farmall Super C W/Fast hitch, belly dozer blade
1950 Farmall M