This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

300 utility / Rototiller

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jack
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16353
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1955 International 300 Utility
2018 JD loader/ backhoe
Circle of Safety: Y

300 utility / Rototiller

Postby Jack » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:45 am

Hello
I have a 300 utility, and I bought a 74" woods rototiller to till my fields instead of plowing, I was hoping someone can tell me how the tractor performed with all that weight on the back?
I bought the 74" so my tire tracks would disappear.
This will be my first time using something other than the Cub and moldboard plow. Any input would be appreciated
Thanks Jack
Circle of Safety Pine Meadows Farm :tractor:

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: 300 utility / Rototiller

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:21 pm

I have never tried that combination, but I think you will find the 300 will be very light on the nose unless the tillier is on the ground. If you are tilling wheat or corn ground that has beeen mowed, it may be ok, but if you are tilling pasture You will have to make multiple passes to get much depth.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jack
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16353
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1955 International 300 Utility
2018 JD loader/ backhoe

Postby Jack » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:02 pm

I plan on tilling my corn field, and also pasture so I can re-plant, and my veggie garden
Circle of Safety Pine Meadows Farm :tractor:

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:55 pm

Jack wrote:I plan on tilling my corn field, and also pasture so I can re-plant, and my veggie garden
Not knowing the acreage in question or soil or plant condition.

Pasture, I would burn it down/herbicide. Disc harrow, sow, harrow. Better yet, depending on weed condition, spot spray, and mow.

Corn field, Depending on weeds, soil condition, how many times the field has been plowed; disc harrow, harrow, plant.

Garden. I would probably fertilize, plow, law fallow until spring. Then till.

I have around 16 acres or more of pasture. I'm not going to spend my time tilling the ground when there are faster ways to accomplish the same thing.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:02 am

Going to move my deer food plot. Neighbor built a house and shop in rifle shot line of sight of deer stand.

I'm using forage radish, turnips, rape seed in deer food plot and forage radish in vegetable gardens. For the new food plot, burn down with herbicide, disc harrow, plant/sow the seed mixture.

The forage radish will till the soil. The radish will drill a hole in the soil to around 18" deep, Also very inexpensive.

Forage radish is killed off in winter, provides good ground cover during the winter and humus.
I have an excuse. CRS.