This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Radiator leak

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
pokitisme
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 64132
Skype Name: Pokitisme
Tractors Owned: 1948 international Harvester Farmall h

Radiator leak

Postby pokitisme » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:59 am

Okay so I've got two farmalls both have radiator leaks both about mid level. Not big gaping holes as far as I can tell but radiator leaks. So I wonder if any of this bars or radiator repair stuff that you buy at Walmart would work. Of course it's subjective. I've researched a bit and from what I know I have to take off the steering wheel shaft to take the whole damn thing apart. That seems rather annoying to me and I was thinking of cutting a hole at the bottom of the steering wheel Hood part just so I could slip the hood off and on. Anyway I'm wondering if you guys have had any experience with the bars stuff.
Favorite quotes by me. If you want to you can but if you don't you wont... most possibly yes but maybe no.... and as always buy guns keep America free

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Radiator leak

Postby Eugene » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:50 am

Have used several brands of radiator stop leak in the past. My experience is that they work for a period of time, long enough to get a new radiator.
I have an excuse. CRS.

pokitisme
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 64132
Skype Name: Pokitisme
Tractors Owned: 1948 international Harvester Farmall h

Re: Radiator leak

Postby pokitisme » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:38 pm

Eugene wrote:Have used several brands of radiator stop leak in the past. My experience is that they work for a period of time, long enough to get a new radiator.

Yeah I found a guy that will repair it for $125. Still waiting on him LOL. But he's replacing the downspout fixing all the fins and going to repair the damage as well. Which turns out to have been a rather large hole
Favorite quotes by me. If you want to you can but if you don't you wont... most possibly yes but maybe no.... and as always buy guns keep America free