This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super H distributor

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Festus
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 42355
Tractors Owned: 1953 Cub
1953 Super C
1953 Super H
1953 Super M
1956 100
1964 140
1972 JD 4020

Super H distributor

Postby Festus » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:23 am

Hey, I hope everybody had a good weekend. I decided to try to get the old Super H running Saturday. It hadn't run in about 3 years. Long story short - after cleaning the carb, it would not fire. I cleaned the points and could get spark intermitently.
I honestly wish you guys could see the amount of play in that distributor shaft!! There was so much slop, the tension from the spring on the points would rock the distributor shaft so much the points wouldn't open. Last thing last night, I checked the distributor in a a spare M engine I have laying around. It is considerablyy better, but still not as tight as I would like. I plan to pick up tune up parts this afternoon and put them in the M distributor, then put it in the H to get it running. Question is - Is the Super H distributor rebuildable? Is it worn bushings/bearings that is causing all the play? How difficult are they to work on? Is this something a guy with average mechanical skills should send to a pro? My manual has nothing on the distributor other than replacing tune up parts.

Festus
"When you read the readin', how do you know the feller who wrote the readin, wrote the readin' right?" - Festus from Gunsmoke

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:56 pm

The bushings are worn out. Not something you can do yourself unless you're a machinist with a press.

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:02 pm

Might want to try mag man.He might know somebody that rebuilds them!!!I got a card from a guy ,I'll see if I can find it.Ketcham
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”