This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What do I have, and what is factory?

Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450 & 560 Tractors, 1939-1963
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bennydh
Zip Code: 82520

What do I have, and what is factory?

Postby Bennydh » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:05 pm

I recently bought a Farmall Super M with a DuAl loader. It has a serial in the 47k range, live IH hydraulic pump(found and verified serial number) running to the lift-all that is left on all the time for a power steering unit.

It is unclear to me if the belly pump is just a housing(without dropping it), as it is plugged up in a rather 'professional/factory' looking manner and unused entirely.

There is no fast hitch or anything, just a standard drawbar, so my question is what is factory on this?

Diving deeper, did the IH pump run to the lift-all and originally move a rear hydraulic remote with the lift all lever? What about the belly pump... did later Super Ms roll out with no belly or a blocked up belly pump?

Also, a little bit of a tangent, but how did IH go from a 'live' touch control in 48 on Farmall Cubs and build tractors for 6ish more years without a 'live' hydraulic on larger models. Or am I missing something they were doing elsewhere?

:lost: :thanx:
Ben

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: What do I have, and what is factory?

Postby Glen » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:18 pm

Hi,
You could look at the M operator's manual and see what it says.
The manual is at the top of the page at Quick links, then go to PDF Manuals. :)

Return to “Farmall M, Super M, 400, 450, & 560”