This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cub cadet 1330 mower spindles "locked"

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
boldpsi
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13104
Tractors Owned: 1979 IH Cub - 253598

cub cadet 1330 mower spindles "locked"

Postby boldpsi » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:53 pm

all,
i have recently bought a Cub 1330 from a local guy who also used to have a Famrall Cub! $400!
anyway, i mowed a couple of times with this little mower and i'm impressed! i have a problem tho...
i put it on the ramps, and removed the blades and sharpened them. the mower engaged and cut grass just before this...
...also, when i stopped on the ramp, i locked the brake and got off... and the tractor's safety system shut the tractor down...
THEN i removed the blades, etc.
then, i replaced the blades, spindle covers, etc.
i noticed when replacing the blades that the spindles themselves seemed "locked". totally immobile. can't turn the blade if it's bolted full on.
and, when i try to mow, when i engage the electric clutch, it stalls the mower. so i think the switch and the clutch are good...
my question: is there some kind of mechanism (safety-related) that actually locks those spindles?!?!?!
help?!
dave
boldpsi@gmail.com
boldpsi on farmallcub.com forum
boldpsi@windstream.net
1979 International Cub, rebuilt motor 1997; 5' Woods belly mower, C22 5' sickle-bar mower, 193 -bottom land plow, IH 54A push-plow/grader, heavy-duty chains, loaded tires, wheel weights. Original red commemorative paint.

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: cub cadet 1330 mower spindles "locked"

Postby tst » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:05 pm

are the bearings seized on the spindles ??

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:10 pm

Try taking the main mower drive belt off. See if the blades are still stuck (problem on the deck) or not (problem in the clutch/drive of the tractor).

boldpsi
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13104
Tractors Owned: 1979 IH Cub - 253598

Postby boldpsi » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:05 am

oh, boy, yous all will love this:
i realized after consulting the mower diagram with the expanded spindles, that i had put the bottom pully "bearing race/cover" on BELOW the blade, not ABOVE IT. so, the locking was of course solely due to me being a moron. :( :? :shock: :evil:
but it's fixed now :lol:
sorry to waste your time! :worthy:
boldpsi@windstream.net
1979 International Cub, rebuilt motor 1997; 5' Woods belly mower, C22 5' sickle-bar mower, 193 -bottom land plow, IH 54A push-plow/grader, heavy-duty chains, loaded tires, wheel weights. Original red commemorative paint.