This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tiller Belt Guide Dimensions

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Tiller Belt Guide Dimensions

Postby Findoggy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:38 am

Could anyone give me the dimensions of the tiller belt guide? Mine is missing and I would like to make one to use. Thanks for the help.
findoggy

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:40 am

If you can locate the 2 bolts that secure it just make sample of it with a coat hanger that is slightly wider than the belt and angled to the back. This is the one for the gear drive. I went looking for a picture of the guide for the hydro tractor and that guide only shows for the #2 tiller(http://ihregistry.com/manuals/att.php.
I thought they would stop sideway motion but after looking they only stop the downward motion. The hydro one looks like a hard one to bend properly.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:56 am

Thank you Mr. DeTurck. I saw that picture in my manual, but was unsure how far down I should have it bend. I guess enough that the belt won't rub on it, and just enough that the belt won't deflect up and hit the underside of the transmission. Looks like it might be a little trial and error. Thanks again.
Findoggy

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:32 am

Findoggy: You learn something new every day. I always thought the belt went through the guide(I have a very poor picture in my manual) but that makes more sense to keep it from moving up. :oops:
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Return to “Cub Cadet”