This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

rear fender reflectors for Original

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cubsox
10+ Years
10+ Years

rear fender reflectors for Original

Postby Cubsox » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:34 am

Any ideas on where to find a pair of rear fender reflectors for an Original? I just brought it home and it's about the only thing I can find that needs replacing - other than the paint. Thanks for any ideas. Scott

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Postby Brandon Webb » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:50 pm

Post some pics, we'd love to see them. :lol:

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:54 pm

About the only place they will show up is on E-bay. If you can find some with cracked lenses I think I know where to get the reflector part. They are a pain to install new reflectors.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:54 pm

You can find them on eBay or give one the dealers in used Cub Cadet parts such as Ray Weaver at 717-587-3727. If you get a "this is Ray", leave a message at the tone.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:36 pm

Paul B wrote:You can find them on eBay or give one the dealers in used Cub Cadet parts such as Ray Weaver at 717-587-3727. If you get a "this is Ray", leave a message at the tone.

I have dealt with Ray as well. He is a bit different.. but an all around square guy. Served me well... and I would buy parts for my CC's and Cub projects from him again. I bought a pair of Cessna valves from him, good fair prices, has lots of weird stuff and he is a regular on eBay - Cadetman. You will notice that one of the last ones to issue feedback said poor communication... well that is what I meant - by different. He means well, and will treat you fair, he just doesn't communicate well. He also takes his time.. so if you are in a rush.. it isn't going to get there any faster. But Ray is solid.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Cubsox
10+ Years
10+ Years

reflectors

Postby Cubsox » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:34 am

Thanks, I was outbid on a nice pair on ebay when I casually looked earlier in the week. Seems they may be somewhat hard to find now that I am seriously in need.

I spoke with Ray. Thanks for the lead. srj

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:39 pm

Cubsox:

I have a feeling that if you call Ray, and tell him exactly what you need, he will probably strike up a deal with you right then and there and work hard to get the stuff to you without it first being listed on eBay. He is a great guy to buy from.

I want to clarify something that seems to be of some concern and has been brought to my attention.

I have as indicated above, dealt with Ray on two previous occassions. I have actually spoken to him on the phone from Canada about a dozen times. Ray is a hard working, family kind of guy who will bend over backwards to get you what you want. He is all by himself, and has like literally hundreds of parts tractors to break down. So needless to say, he is busier than three beavers in a virgin birch grove :roll: :D

He may be a bit slow getting things out, his communication skills could be improved, but he is outside working.. he doesn't really do the emailing .. he is too busy for that. So given that, as being the only questionable reason for the negative feedback that someone left, I think personally he is great to buy from and I will again.

To even go father.. as soon as I get around to figuring out how to include Cub Cadet Parts outfits in with the Cub Used Parts listing on the server, Ray will be one of the first that I add.

You can't get much better endorsement from me than that. I really only link to people I or others on this forum trust and have had repeated business dealings.

Deal with Ray with no trepidation. You will get your parts if he says you will.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Postby Brandon Webb » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:58 pm

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:53 am

WOWZERS !!!! $42. BUCKS for a SET OF REFLECTORS !!!! I'd better take my set off and put em' in the Safety Deposite Box at the Bank :shock:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:52 am

I had one of mine chrome plated to see if it could be done. It came out great and he buffed the lens(the reflections show up). outImage[url]but when I got the mate out it has a broken lens so I am looking for i decent reflector. wdeturck@verizon.net and thanks for any replies. I don't want to get my NOS ones chromed.[/url]
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

lonnyb
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lonnyb » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:30 pm

The going price :shock: of a set of reflectors is why I removed the ones from my CC72 and placed them in a nice safe parts bin in the shop with the ones from my old 102.
Not much chance of them getting broken in the parts bin, and in a few years who knows I may be able to sell them on e-bay in a few years for over $100 :lol:
Is one cub ever enough ?

Return to “Cub Cadet”