This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My "D9" model 70 cub cadet

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

My "D9" model 70 cub cadet

Postby BigBill » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:47 pm

I impressed everyone today even the dump truck driver. My neighbor had three big dump truck loads of dirt delivered today. When the first load arrived I offered to spread it out with my 70 cub cadet that thinks its a D9. Funny they kind of laughed and snickered at me. By the time the second load arrived I had the first load all spread out and pitched right too. I did the 2nd and third load with no problems. Everyone was impressed with the little 70 cub cadet today.

My neighbor has a place for me to dump brush on a hillside. We needed to raise the ramp up so its not down hill. I dumped about 15 loads of brush there already so i offered to help him out. Neighbors like this don't happen very often too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:21 pm

You should keep him as a neighbor :D Those are not that common anymore.
And just think you got some quality seat time too :D
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Trent M » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:23 pm

I sure would have enjoyed listening to them after the snickering, then watching you spread it all out!! Nice.
Trent McPeak

David C
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47141
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub, 1970 135 Massey Ferguson, 1970 175 Massey Ferguson, 1964 Cub Cadet Model 70. 1977 Farmall 140 (Granpa's)

Postby David C » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:00 pm

Got any pics of it in action?

David C
I may be old but I got to see all the cool bands

kycat
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby kycat » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:16 pm

yeah!, lets see!
Tim Midkiff
West Kentucky
'49 FCUB, '42 Farmall "A"
and looking for more!

"Why farm half way when you can FARMALL"

Al E Orton Lodge
#628 F&AM

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:03 am

My wife works for a town here and she was talking with a parks department guy who just purchased a new cub cadet. The story goes like this he just built a new house and he did all the landscaping with an old cub cadet with a snow plow pushing dirt everywhere.When he got his new cadet delivered the delivery guy seen the old cadet sitting there and he says the older cadet is much better than the one you just paid $2,700 for.......

Hearing this gave me the idea to try pushing dirt and it does work....

I told these guys what do you get with a 350lb guy on a cub cadet?

"TRACTION"

Me and my dad back filled a 24'x52' foundation once with a gravely walk behind tractor. At first we were using a wheel barrow and i told the old man why not try the gravely? It was so much easier in the tighter spots using the gravely.

When i use the cadet to grade I feather the lift lever to get it close to the grade i want then i lock the lever in place and the shorter wheel base keeps it even all the way. Then i work from that level repeating each pass I make taking little bites off the pile of dirt. Its also a great upper body workout too. From not doing any real work anymore my arms are pumping up again to were they once were its all comming back.

I fabricated a manure pusher for the front of my neighbors cub cadet with the danco loader one day. Its a blade on an extended piece of pipe so he can push manure or brush over the top of the hill. I just made it telescopic for him too it adjusts 3' longer when needed for a total of 9' long. The old man was so happy you would think i gave him a million dollars. The very next day i needed a truck and a trailer to move a welder that i purchased and he thru me his truck keys and i used his trailer too. I just moved here into the country with some good old country boys who help each other out. Its the old barter system here too you know you help me i help you and it works out for everyone...you can't beat the country life.....its all about the additude of the people here too these are real people who treat everyone as an equal. Comming from the city I never knew there were people like this in the country. These are the old timers too and i'm sure its being passed on to the younger generations too. I have only lived here for one year so far too and i met everyone in my area. I lived for 28 years at my last place and never met everyone like this. I never knew my next door neighbor for the past 10 years we never even said hello? The bottomline is i feel like i been born again in the country. I'm surrounded by a few farms too with horses and when the wind is right my place smells like a farm too. There's nothing like the smell of the barn and the manure in the morning too it makes you feel alive!!! Plus my new garden is growing good too.......

I always had a tennessee tuxedo in my draw for many years and i never knew were i was suppose to be until now........all my life i have felt out of place and i always say i was born 200+ years too late...
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.