This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Nice Cadet I Wish Was In Kentucky

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
lonnyb
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lonnyb » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:42 am

William.
I took a closer look at the plow and from what information I can gather useing the cub cadet parts look up I would have to say that the plow in those photos is indeed a spring trip plow.
It is the same style I have for my 127.
I think the part you are refering to is actually the uprights that would attach the plow to the tractor and at closer inspection I can make out the quick attach pins on the uprights.
Another thing I noticed on the parts look up is that the non-trip plow lift arm does not run along the side of the tractor, but under the tractor and comes out the front just under the axle
The Non-trip bolts on as you described but has a upper V brace that is not shown in the photos, and looking close you can make out the springs and the pivot pin on the main frame of the plow.

So I guess I do have the correct plow for my 127 after all, I would hate to have to try and locate another snow plow for it as there dont seem to be to many of them left up here in Wis.
Is one cub ever enough ?

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:20 am

It is a spring trip blade, however it is not the one for an Original. The Original used the subframe that is shaped like sled runners (curved up in the front), and the lift arm was welded to the "A" frame. The lift rod connects to the lift arm and runs down the INSIDE of the tractor frame to the tractor lift arm. The one in the picture has the bolt on lift arm on the "A" frame, where the lift rod would run back the outside of the tractor to the tractor lift arm, like used on the NF and WF tractors.

The spring trip blade itself (blade and springs) is the same for all models, but the "A" frame is different on the Original, the back end is narrower and the lift arm is welded to it. All other models used different "A" frame, that is wider at the back and the lift arm bolts to it. The lift arm is shaped different for narrow frame and wide frame tractors, the wide frame arm is longer and sticks out to the right more than the narrow frame arm.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:41 pm

Thanks Paul. I know you would straighten me out. I knew it wasn't the original trip blade.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

lonnyb
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lonnyb » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:15 pm

Paul B.

Thanks for clearing this up, I now understand what the difference is between the original's trip blade and the one seen in the photo.
Is one cub ever enough ?

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:50 pm

The seller on the Original
The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.