This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cub cadet front wheel bearings

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ih-cubcadet-man
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61957

cub cadet front wheel bearings

Postby ih-cubcadet-man » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:55 pm

where is the best place to buy aftermarket front wheel bearings ?
1955 cub with fast hitch
1953 super c with fast hitch
1957 300 utility with fast hitch
1967 cub with fast hitch
and several ih cub cadets

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: cub cadet front wheel bearings

Postby wdeturck » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:17 am

There are a lot of the 3/4" wheel bearings out there for sale but if they are cheap they won't last and you end up ruining the wheels. I would only get them at a Cub Cadet dealer or a good bearing supply house.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bermuda Ken » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:02 am

If you have to buy aftermarket, get them from Case-IH. They are the heavy version of the beraing, not the cheap light duty, CHINA bearing that others sell.
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:01 pm

I'm using good quality front wheel bearings from http://www.gokartgalaxy.com/bearings.htm there number #8273 and only $5.95 sealed both sides. I'm using these on all my cadets going on two years now.

These are the same quality bearings that IH uses but there sealed on both sides. I find that water and rust is the main destroyer of these front wheel bearings so I think the sealed on both sides may last longer. The grease is captured.

I have seen one of my cadets have the sheetmetal stamped ball bearing in it too but its not really sealed that good it looked like new and it was shot too.

I also had to replace the rims too because of the bearing going bad and it eats into the rim. The PO just ran them anyway.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.