Deals going sour

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Deals going sour

Postby BigBill » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:54 am

I went to look at some cadet stuff. I found a non running 129, parts from another hydro missing an engine along with two mowers a 44c and a 48" plus a snowblower, tiller and a few odds and ends. It could of been my first hydro but the guy wanted $800. I offered him $500 for the lot. He refused and then i went up to $600 i guess i lost my mind but considering the lot i could make my $$ back and part some of the stuff out. He refused and said its worth more if he sold the parts. So i said goodbye. Now its two months later and he will take $600. I said i'm not interested in it anymore. I know i was being played and they were waiting for me to offer more $$$ for the pile of non running scrap metal. I think i was very fair in my offer and maybe i went a little too high after all this stuff isn't gold. Now i deceided to stop buying cub cadets and maybe go after the larger farmall tractors next. I got my eye on a regular..... 8)

What was I thinking $600. I haggled way too high and started off too high i blew the deal. When i make a final offer and its refused i walk and the deal is over. I found out about this stuff threw a friend and if a friend wasn't involved when the guy said he'd take $600 I would of offered him $300 for the lot then walk. I knew they were playing the waiting game but i lost interest.

My point is they think the non running stuff is gold now too. The highest I ever paid for a cub cadet running is $400 for a 122 with a 42'' mower but it has a new replacement 12hp kolher engine in it. I been running awesome for over 4 years now. I picked up a 48'' deck for it that needed the castiron nose welded for $50. I welded the castiron, no problem.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.
BigBill
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 00000

Re: Deals going sour

Postby dhermesc » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:07 am

I'd offer him $300. If he says "You offered $600 before' I'd say "You were at $800 before too".

The waiting game can go both ways.
Freedom is for those that claim it.
dhermesc
5+ Years
5+ Years

Re: Deals going sour

Postby BigBill » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:49 pm

When ever i haggle a price i have cash in my pocket and i'm ready to load the trailer and turn and burn. But he thought i would pay more but i lost interest now. I have no time to play a waiting game because there are other deals waiting for me.
Plus i need to get away from these smaller tractors and get on to the bigger ones. I maybe going green soon nope its not a JD shame on me right? It an oliver.......if the price is right.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.
BigBill
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 00000

Return to Cub Cadet Forum