This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

More newbie questions

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

More newbie questions

Postby SundaySailor » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:45 am

Ok. Unit in question is the 42" IH snow/dirt scrape blade.

I've had the entire unit apart running it through the electrolysis bath except for the blade. Had to do that part by hand darn it all. :lol:

Everything is now painted, and I'm trying to reassemble. The blade is not mounted on the tractor, and I think this may be part of my problem. I'm trying to get the springs back on, and the pivot pin at the bottom of the blade in place. But, no matter what I try to do, it flops all over the place, and I just do not have the strength to get the springs in place and then maneuver the pivot pin in place for the final hookup.

The instructions do show doing this with the blade mounted on the tractor, but I currently have the JB Jr on the Cadet. Do any of you have any tips to finish this off, or do I just bite the bullet and take the JB Jr off temporarily and mount the scrape blade just to get the pivot pin in place?

I'm nearing the finish line on the worst of the restoration now. I even have a good number of decals to put back on too. Just too busy with the mechanical stuff to mess with the pretty looks right now.

Thanks!

BTW - BigBill, please PM me with your e-addy. I have the write up for the external gas shutoff for the quietline Cub Cadets. Photos too.
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Re: More newbie questions

Postby Paul B » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:26 am

It is probably easier with it on the tractor, but you can try laying the blade "face" down and then moving or tilting the mainfram/"A"frame to connect the springs and pivot rod. I have also hooked the top of the springs and then used a heavy screwdriver or other prying tool to pry the bottom of the spring over the pins on the pivot frame, but be careful, it's not the safest or reccommended way to do it and it will probably take a few try's. It may also cause you to add to your vocabulary or call things by a first name that is not given in the instructions........

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

Re: More newbie questions

Postby SundaySailor » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:42 pm

Paul B wrote:It is probably easier with it on the tractor, but you can try laying the blade "face" down and then moving or tilting the mainfram/"A"frame to connect the springs and pivot rod. I have also hooked the top of the springs and then used a heavy screwdriver or other prying tool to pry the bottom of the spring over the pins on the pivot frame, but be careful, it's not the safest or reccommended way to do it and it will probably take a few try's. It may also cause you to add to your vocabulary or call things by a first name that is not given in the instructions........

Thanks Paul. I'm beginning to think mounting it on the tractor might be the proper answer. I tried my best to get the springs on there with the pivot rod already in place. But, those springs are really tough. They didn't even try to move one stitchin.
As far as calling things improper names and "improving" my vocabulary.......I didn't realize you lived close enough to hear me messing with this thing this past Saturday. :oops: :lol:

I'll try to give it the old college try this coming Saturday depending on the circumstances. Heck, it'll even give me a chance to take photos of the brandy new electric actuator lift mechanism.

SS
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Return to “Cub Cadet”