This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CC 1450 with no spark.

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
vfrf2
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 20111
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall Cub

CC 1450 with no spark.

Postby vfrf2 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:05 am

EDIT: My tractor is running fine now. I had to clean the points as they were not clean as I'd thought. I removed them and noticed that crud had built up on them with better light outside. Also set to them to factory specs (.020).

I'm in the middle of chasing down a gremlin that's keeping my 1450 from getting spark. I've been doing some testing, I get power on the + (positive) side of my coil when I turn the ignition switch to the "on" position. I wasn't getting any power on the - (negative) side when I turned the ignition switch on in either the "on" position or the "start" position of the key switch.

Fast forward, after reading about no spark issues here, I purchased the NAPA coil that everyone seemed to recommend here. I connected it and I'm still getting power on the + (positive) side of the coil. On the - (negative) side I get power as well.

I'm not getting any spark at the points either. Their contact surfaces seem to be OK.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.