This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Serial numbers yet again

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
1025rtlb
Zip Code: 21911

Serial numbers yet again

Postby 1025rtlb » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:54 pm

OK boys, Just purchased my first lowboy and need parts. So here is my situation. Left front tag is washed and can barley make out numbers. I think it reads 23340x. Engine number is 284153x. The engine has been out and repainted and was told it was a rebuild but may have been a swap. Here is the big question, are there any other clues to look for to verify my eyes are reading the chassis numbers correctly? I have researched this and think it is a 72. Are there changes to the tractor to help me verify?
I am sure this is one of many hurdles I will need to jump so be patient with me. :help:

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Re: Serial numbers yet again

Postby outdoors4evr » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:47 am

Clean off the serial tags with paint thinner. Perhaps do a rubbing (paper and use pencil or crayon) and make out the numbers.
Look in the serial number database to see where your tractor and engine falls.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade