This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New 154 owner

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Shorteeb21
Zip Code: 21701

New 154 owner

Postby Shorteeb21 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:18 pm

Hi everyone thanks for this great resource. I just picked up a ‘70 154 and have some work ahead of me. I need to address a no charge/bad regulator issue, chattering clutch yoke/adjustment/bad throw out bearing, find the name of the clips that keep the steering linkage together at the ball joints, I’ve replaced the fan belt, but need a new battery, reinstall all lighting, find some panels, dash cowl, front grill and trim, side engine panels, a new seat, re connect clutch switch and get a key meant for the switch, pto belts and then I can test out what’s left to get the 59 deck working. Wish me luck. But grateful for this site.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New 154 owner

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:14 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a project on your hands.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Brynki
Zip Code: 21921
Tractors Owned: Early 70s Cub 154 LoBoy

Re: New 154 owner

Postby Brynki » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:58 pm

Shorteeb21 wrote:Hi everyone thanks for this great resource. I just picked up a ‘70 154 and have some work ahead of me. I need to address a no charge/bad regulator issue, chattering clutch yoke/adjustment/bad throw out bearing, find the name of the clips that keep the steering linkage together at the ball joints, I’ve replaced the fan belt, but need a new battery, reinstall all lighting, find some panels, dash cowl, front grill and trim, side engine panels, a new seat, re connect clutch switch and get a key meant for the switch, pto belts and then I can test out what’s left to get the 59 deck working. Wish me luck. But grateful for this site.

I took on a similar project last fall. Unfortunately, I didn't get to ANY of it. LOL. A promotion at work, becoming the supervisor over my department, kept me too busy to do much. Still, my tractor is a (mostly) running project. I've used it this year and have plans to do a frame up restoration this winter. I gotta replace the wiring harness on the 154 and my motorcycle as mice got up under the tank on the bike and ate my wiring. BMW parts are expensive so I've had that on hold, as well.

I can tell you, HamiltonBob's has been very helpful on most of the stuff I've needed. I have a bit of a tale on here about my own trials and tribulations. I've found some other resources, as well, but HamiltonBob's usually has the best prices. Unfortunately, they changed up their website and it makes it harder to find anything for specific tractors and areas of the tractor. I think they are dedicating more time to their Amazon page.

All the best!
Brian
Elkton, MD