This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Looking for 12 volt 3 wire alternator wiring diagram with ballast resistor for 1971 international cub

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kelly
Zip Code: 65052

Looking for 12 volt 3 wire alternator wiring diagram with ballast resistor for 1971 international cub

Postby Kelly » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:39 pm

I'm new here..my name is Kelly and am owner of a 1971 international cub tractor...2 yes ago pretty much went thru entire tractor replaced clutch..carb...seals...bearings...gaskets and added headlites along with painting the tractor... I went thru everything except the motor since it runs perfect with excellent compression. My problem is I had a wire contact the exhaust that I did not notice until too late...after that I was just hot wiring tractor to use it which now I want to make a new wiring harness and am unable to find a wiring diagram for a 3 wire alternator using ballast resistor in a 12 volt conversion...at present it has amp meter but I am wanting to put in voltmeter in near future...any help would be greatly appreciated......thanx

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Looking for 12 volt 3 wire alternator wiring diagram with ballast resistor for 1971 international cub

Postby Eugene » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:41 pm

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/threa ... yType=flat

Down a bit in the above link.

Edit. Is the tractor a standard Cub, numbered Cub, for a standard Cub lowboy?
I have an excuse. CRS.

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Re: Looking for 12 volt 3 wire alternator wiring diagram with ballast resistor for 1971 international cub

Postby tst » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:30 pm

its pretty simple, use the factory generator wiring diagram, take the armature wire and the lighting wire to the regulator and put those two on the stud on the back of the delco 10 alternator, also a jumper from the stud to the hot side of the regulator and it should work

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:36 am

The diagram Eugene posted will get you there. The referenced resister or warning light could also be a small diode, very simple, very clean.