This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Creeper drive problem on the 154 lo-boy

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gourdeau
10+ Years
10+ Years

Creeper drive problem on the 154 lo-boy

Postby Gourdeau » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:52 am

I have a 154 lo-boy. The creeper drive will no longer engage in high range. I read in my shop manual that in order to access the drive I have to split the tractor. I can do a lot of the work myself if relatively simple but....
2 questions;

- Do I have to get to the creeper drive to fix the problem - Any tricks????
- If I have to access and therefore split the tractor, am I getting in over my head?
Steve Gourdeau - Kingston, New Brunswick, Canada
gourdeau@nbnet.nb.ca

texacoon
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 68331

Re: Creeper drive problem on the 154 lo-boy

Postby texacoon » Sun May 09, 2010 9:14 am

I am having the same issue on my 154 with my creeper ...
My tractor no longer engages in the high range and will only stay in the low range .. Still allows me to select from one to another so it has to be either the fork or the main sprag that isn't working properly.
I do not like the idea of having to split the case apart either, like you not setup to do this kind of work.
I would hope there is someone out there that knows these tractors and could provide us with a better idea of repairing our creeper gear set ..
Let me know if you find out something .. Apparently my manual does not include the creeper installation or removal ...
Doug

texacoon
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 68331

Re: Creeper drive problem on the 154 lo-boy

Postby texacoon » Sun May 09, 2010 9:34 am

Steve ... if you have not found this post check it out ..
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=46891&p=431689#p431689