This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

clunk clunk clunk

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

clunk clunk clunk

Postby Garland Terry » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:09 pm

I had a disturbing clunking in the Driveline when cranking the engine. After she fires up it goes away. After smoking the pto belts I discovered that the main driveshaft coupler was wallowed out in the drive shaft. So I punched it out to 3/8 and did the same to the coupler. Presto no clunky no morey. Thought that I would share some success.
[i]success in my case should in no way be indicitive of future performance. remember that all punching,drilling and welding on fragile and rare parts should only be performed by trained professionals, government overseers, or investment bankers. Sorry for the disclaimer but after last weeks market I have decided to disclaim everthing. Peace, GT :twisted:

2cubs2cases
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: clunk clunk clunk

Postby 2cubs2cases » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:29 am

Or performed by credit rating agencies. Thanks for the tip Garland.
1956 Farmall Cub,1952 Cub Hi Crop, 1959 Case 420b, 1960 Case 530ck Backhoe

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: clunk clunk clunk

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:00 am

Hey Terry...Now THAT'S FUNNY son (I don't care who ya are). That dern dis-claimer of yers ought to be attached to EVERY craigslist ad & eBay ad on the net :lol: ..."Country"
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”