This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

knock out ??

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

knock out ??

Postby Garland Terry » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Ok. I have heard rumors of a "knockout" between the creeper drive and the tranny that will allow the fluid to flow between the creeper and tranny. does anybody know and if so can someone tell me a refererance number on the parts book. I am putting a recently acquired creeper unit on my 154. This one doesn't have a side plug but it does have a top plug. My rational is that: the fluid goes in the creepeer and then fills up the tranny till it comes out of the check hole in the back. Any insight on this one. I would be happy to pull it down again and do whatever if it will save my creeper. GT

b52c130
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07869

Re: knock out ??

Postby b52c130 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:53 pm

Garland,
I believe that if you were to view the creeper drive and tranny together in a horizontal longitudinal cross section - the proper fluid level for the creeper would be several inches higher than the proper full fluid level of the transaxle. If you attempt to link the fluid levels between the two - the result would be that either the transaxle would be overfull or the creeper drive would be under full.
Hope that this thought helps, NJDale

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: knock out ??

Postby Garland Terry » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:16 pm

my thoughts exactly. I am going to roll it out and look at it first. Any input is appreciated. I just find it odd that this creeper dosen't have a check hole and no sign of a missed punch. I will meditate GT

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”