This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Seafoam

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Seafoam

Postby BigBill » Thu May 20, 2010 7:44 pm

I put my first int154 with the 3260 mower deck away last fall and filled the tank with gas and added some seafoam. I just got around to putting in the battery to fire it up. It started up ok and ran like it did last fall. Thats quite a few months of sitting idle. Now i need to rebuild the PTO so i can mow with it. I really miss the bigger tractor for mowing. Its the comfort over the smaller tractors that i like.

Now my second int154 has a mind of its own. Sometimes it will start up and sometimes it won't, like nothing happens, no click of the solenoid but i do see the amp gage needle go to negative when i turn the key switch. Sometimes i'll bang the clutch pedal down a few times then it starts. I'm thinking the switch on the clutch pedal or the connection is bad. Its funny it ran plowing snow all winter. The problem seems to be intermitten. I may splice the wires on the clutch pedal switch to omit it next. This is a great running tractor too and it has a creeper. I haven't touched it yet in two years.

I'm a happy camper today both tractors started up with no problems.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Re: Seafoam

Postby outdoors4evr » Mon May 24, 2010 8:34 am

sounds like you are barking up the right tree with the switch. I wouldn't cut any wires, but you might bypass the switch temporarily as a diagnostic aid. The switch may just be out of adjustment. The switch should be fully depressed by the clutch pedal. Maybe the switch has become loose or backed out.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Seafoam

Postby BigBill » Fri May 28, 2010 7:30 pm

Well you were right the switch must have been on the edge of the adjustment were the contacts would work some of the time but of course it wouldn't start recently but it started in every snow storm when i used it for snowplowing. I fixed it today and its one more thing off my list of repairs.

Next is my 154 with the 3260 mower deck, the deck spindles need new bearings and the PTO needs work. I really miss the larger tractor when mowing mainly because of the creature comforts.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”