planter for large garden to small hobby farm

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:19 pm

I started with these last year. I undersatnd it is green and not red. But you have to give credit where credit is do. the JD71 planter is self contained and can plant anything, just change out the plate, if they don't have the plate, you can buy a blank and make what you want. You can still buy parts for them.

Re: planter for large garden to small hobby farm

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:47 am

Does that planter work with your cub, or do you have to use it with your 301A JD?

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:06 pm

looks like 3 point hitch to me. Ed

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:08 pm

I've got a class"0" 3 point hitch on my cub, so I am hoping this kind of planter would work with it

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:47 pm

Thats a nice looking planter. Now I'll have to clean and paint my McCormick IH 185 .They are another option for use with the Cub or any tractor. They are unit planters like your JD. I made a toolbar to attach to the rear gangs of my 144 cultivator and then centered the planter so I could use the wheel tracks as markers. Parts availability I'm not sure of, but I got a manual through Carter & Gruenwald with no trouble. It did an excellant job on sweet corn, indian corn, and open pollinated field corn. Gonna try to get the Sunflower and bean plates and use it for them too this year. John

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:50 pm

John,

Can you post some photos?

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:10 pm

ToddW wrote:I've got a class"0" 3 point hitch on my cub, so I am hoping this kind of planter would work with it

yes it would work as long as the pins were for class "0"
which is smaller then class 1

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:54 pm

I'd find me a harness and hook that up behind my Golden Retreiver :big smile:

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:32 pm

smigelski wrote:
ToddW wrote:I've got a class"0" 3 point hitch on my cub, so I am hoping this kind of planter would work with it

yes it would work as long as the pins were for class "0"
which is smaller then class 1

Sweet, now I have to find one of these for my food plots

Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:20 am

Tod I think Matt has another one and he is coming to my fest here , We can get the cub express to get it to MD
David