This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Big decisions,,,,,,,,,

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Big decisions,,,,,,,,,

Postby BigBill » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:15 am

Gave up my drivers license, at 70yo. Much safer for other drivers. My doctor said when taking serious meds that come with a warning about not driving and operating machinery label take the warning seriously. You could be charged with a DWI. No more driving.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Big decisions,,,,,,,,,

Postby T-Mo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:03 am

I believe you made a wise decision. I hope I'm that considerate enough to make that decision when the time comes. Unfortunately we like our independence and have a hard time giving it up enough to give up our driver's license. I see a few in my area, and it's at different ages, that need to make that same considerate choice.

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:32 am

That is a tough decision. Hopefully, family is supportive and available to assist. Glad you considered your own safety and that of others.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:44 pm

Yes my family helps me and I hire homemakers to drive me when no one can be here. Very nice older ladies, fun to chat with.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:45 pm

I'll be 77 years old in a couple of months. Still in good health, get around reasonably well. Yesterday the lung function doctor told me so, but also added I should give up everything enjoyable. That is true.

Over the past several years I have noticed the increase in my limitations. Also noticed my wife and son now doing a lot more assisting in things I would normally do myself or placing restrictions on my "activities" such as driving myself to medical appointments.

Biggest restriction, tell wife exactly where I'm going and cell phone in pocket if there is not going to be other people around.

I have decided that no fight, no argument, I will give up my drivers license when my wife or kids suggest it.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Off Topic”