This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

You Tube Videos

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

You Tube Videos

Postby Eugene » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:04 am

Watched part of a You Tube video yesterday on how to grease a bearing buddy on a boat trailer.

The 15 minute video was certainly entertaining but not educational. The demonstrator didn't know how to operate a grease gun.

The grease gun cartridge was apparently empty because the demonstrator didn't depress and lock down the spring before he removed the top of the grease gun. Then to insert a new grease cartridge, the demonstrator placed the barrel handle on the floor, under his feet and pulled the barrel up, then tried to insert the new grease cartridge with one hand while holding the barrel of the grease gun in place.

Video didn't show how the demonstrator finally got the new grease tube into the barrel or how he manage to get the top in place. The video did show the demonstrator trying to grease the bearing buddy with the barrel spring still in it's contracted position.

Quit watching the video at this point. The demonstrator has 2 each 15 minute videos on how to grease a bearing buddy.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet

Re: You Tube Videos

Postby Bill V in Md » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:07 am

On most YouTube “how to” videos, I find the signal to noise ratio very low.
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:37 am

When ever I made my Cub how to videos I would edit out unnecessary video. If I made a mistake I would reshoot that part instead of saying "Oops, I meant to do this". Some people just make the job more confusing. If my video took 12 minutes it was 12 minutes of the job getting done, not prep work like loading the grease gum or going to the tool box. I tried to have everything needed on hand before starting the shoot.

In any how to, the more unneeded pix or video will just lead to the reader losing interest in the topic.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:49 am

Eugene wrote:...The demonstrator didn't know how to operate a grease gun...

:lol: Why on earth would you shoot a video of something you should have already had ready (i.e. grease in the grease gun)???

My grandpa used to say, "That fellow doesn't have brain one." That certainly seems to be applicable here. :lol:
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:44 am

$20.15. Stopped by the auto parts store and picked up a new set of bearing buddies and a grease gun tube of marine type axle bearing grease.

Did watch another video. The guy explained the type of grease to use, how the bearing buddy worked, and when the bearing buddy was full of grease. Also explained how to replace the bearing buddy and how to replace the plastic bearing buddy cover. All of this took place in just over 2 minutes.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:36 pm

On quite a few of the videos I have seen they have never heard the old adage. "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
My favorite is somebody who has never done something before, and decides to make a video on how to do it.
The world is watching you people, and we aren't impressed most of the time.

Return to “Off Topic”