This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

$16.00 Hamburger

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

$16.00 Hamburger

Postby Eugene » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:47 pm

Took wife and son to lunch on Valentines Day. Went to a local restaurant that use to be great family dining. Restaurant is on it's 3rd owner since we last visited. Now the menu is mostly hamburgers, your way.

Hamburger, $12.oo to $16.oo depending on what you wanted on it. Anything else such as fries, onion rings, coffee, etc. was extra. Coffee was $2.00.

Cost me $62.?? for the 3 hamburger lunches. Won't be back. Service was extremely slow and very high priced.

$16- for a hamburger might be the norm. I know the price of beef and labor is up.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Greenthumbfarms
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: 60450
Tractors Owned: 1974 Cub Cadet 1450
1977 Cub Cadet 1650

1950 Farmall Cub (Georgette)
1956 Farmall 230 (Gladys)
1959 Farmall 240 Utility (Heather)
1962 John Deere 4010 Gas with No.45 Loader (Helen)
1966 John Deere 4020 Deisel (Jack)
1975 International Cub (Ozzie)

Re: $16.00 Hamburger

Postby Greenthumbfarms » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:20 am

I am not a McDonalds person, but I stopped at one while traveling on a road trip earlier in the week.

Single quarter pounder with cheese combo (fries and drink) came out to roughly $13 or 14. That was drive through, but there's no table service inside either. I thought that was too much for a mass produced fast food burger.

It's certainly getting awful expensive to eat anywhere, including my kitchen.
Secretary with Will County Threshermens Association (Will County, Illinois)
62nd Annual Will County Threshermens gas and steam tractor show July 18-21, 2024 featuring JI Case Steam and gas tractors. All makes welcome
https://www.steamshow.org/

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:49 am

In a recent study, New Enhlanders spend over half iof their food budget, eating out. Exception to that, Maine and New Hampshire.At $16 for a burger, it wouldn' tale many to wipr out half your food budget

Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

lyle11
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44236
Tractors Owned: 48 FCub
55 Lowboy
60 Lowboy
Allis Chalmers B

Postby lyle11 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:36 pm

Neither my wife or I like to go out for dinner. But we do get take out food fairly frequently. Seems like since Covid, everyone wants a big tip for take out food. I realize you can decline. But you pick up take out food and it almost always has a 15%, 20% and sometimes 25% tip option. Guess I can’t blame them if they can get it, but it seems tacky when they aren’t providing the service of a waitress. We give a decent tip to a local privately owned Chinese restaurant, but they never ask for a tip and then always throw in something extra like a container of soup. The local Thai place has a posting that their waiters would prefer their tips in cash. I’ve never worked in a restaurant or taken a tip for anything, but immediately I think they are trying to avoid reporting tip income. Perhaps there’s some other reason they would want tips in cash.

One chain we like is Piada’s which is Italian fast food. They do not ask for tips on take out food which I like. The other day my wife order a couple meals, salad, some bread and it was $63. At least it’s good and is enough for 2 meals for each of us and we can’t make it at home. Saw an ad for Taco Bell the other day touting their low prices. I haven’t been to Taco Bell in over 30 years and short of getting stranded with no other option their low prices aren’t gonna reel me in.

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:59 pm

A bag of groceries is way up...Double of what it used to be....Joe says the economy is doing great....GO BACK TO SLEEP....my wages have not doubled.So how is this good????? I don't eat out very much cause I know how costly it is.....My other half likes coming over cause I fix dinner...free meal for her...hahaha!!!! Plus ,,,I do the dishes!!!!
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Return to “Off Topic”