This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

squirrel launcher

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
FCUBMAN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 2 Cubs
1 Simplicity
1 Craftsman
1 Farmall 130 with loader
1 Tiger

Postby FCUBMAN » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 am

LiL' Red wrote:Suppose that would work for possums? You know, have it aimed toward the grill. Anyone for Possum McNuggets? :lol:

Dunno - let's ask Red Green......
"Remember, I'm pulling for you - we're all in this together!"
Quoted from Red Green of Possum Lodge

When you get older, lack of pep is often mistaken for patience.

(1956 and 1948 Cubs)

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:11 pm

Carl
Launching them to a new zip code is not the answer.
Let them populate beyond their own food supply and starve them out. Or better yet completely remove their food supply ,cut all the nut trees down an plant Bradford pears. Communities everywhere are doing it.
Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:55 pm

Good vid!!!---I would do a few mods. to it and-----ya!!! -- that would work!!! thanks; sonny

KYMike
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby KYMike » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:51 am

LiL' Red wrote:Suppose that would work for possums? You know, have it aimed toward the grill. Anyone for Possum McNuggets? :lol:

That would be our newly released model, "Possum Tossum," available at your nearest Tractor Supply.
'53 Cub - You can make a small fortune in farming, provided you start with a large one.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:37 pm

Friend of mine had them in the attic. Only way he stopped the was swiming lessons. He caught them and then brought them to a park. He kept catching and they were still in the attic. After I had him spray paint the tails did he catch wise to the fact they returned. After that Jackie put the traps in to a tub of water. He tried to teach them swiming with no success. After 11 failures there were no more in the attic. When we sealed the holes this time they stayed sealed. He claimed a man got to do what a man got to do. I had raccons getting in through vents. 2 boxes of moth flake chased them and hardware cloth kept them out. I was tempted to try the swiming lessons but it would have been catching the whole family. Did catch 2 possum and 4 cats so we went to plan B the moth flake in through the mushroom vent in the roof.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:24 pm

beaconlight wrote:Friend of mine had them in the attic. Only way he stopped the was swiming lessons. He caught them and then brought them to a park. He kept catching and they were still in the attic. After I had him spray paint the tails did he catch wise to the fact they returned. After that Jackie put the traps in to a tub of water. He tried to teach them swiming with no success. After 11 failures there were no more in the attic. When we sealed the holes this time they stayed sealed. He claimed a man got to do what a man got to do. I had raccons getting in through vents. 2 boxes of moth flake chased them and hardware cloth kept them out. I was tempted to try the swiming lessons but it would have been catching the whole family. Did catch 2 possum and 4 cats so we went to plan B the moth flake in through the mushroom vent in the roof.

Bill,

I agree that teaching them to swim under water is more promising than teaching them to fly. :D
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:25 am

George
Jackie was kind of disappointed none of them caught on to swimming. I was kind of disapointed cause squirrel thats had swimming lessons doesn't cook up well.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Off Topic”