This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Firefox and spellchecker

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Firefox and spellchecker

Postby cowboy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:42 am

Yesterday I finally got tired of ie explorer. I downloaded Mozilla Firefox.

This morning I find out it has a built in spell checker :D When I was typing a pm. Yes a spell checker that works within the form window here :!: Ya all know I need it :wink:

Just wanted to let the rest of ya spelling challenged know. It was a nice surprise this morning :!:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:59 am

yup, you have just figured out why my typing is better here than in the chat room. :lol: The spell checker does not work there. I have been using Firefox for a couple years (shortly after AOL took over Netscape), and it is by far my favorite.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:57 am

You can also download the Google toolbar with its spell checker. It has other neat features such as Auto Fill, maps, pictures, etc. Pete

kinelbor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04762

Postby kinelbor » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:04 am

I have been using firefox for years too, the spell check feature sure is handy.
Nik - 1948 Farmall Cub

Bugler
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bugler » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:11 pm

I don't nead no old sphell chicker. I gradiated from the 8 grade and I got a pictar to proove it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can fix it,,,get me a bigger hammer.

1949 Cub "BB"
3 Pumkin Trailers
LT 1042 Cub Cadet
71 Screwdrivers
22 in. Honda Mower
Echo weedeater
Half a can of Kroil

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:46 am

You caught on to why my spelling suddenly got better.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:16 pm

I too use Firefox but it should come with a disclaimer. I have found out the hard way that not all sites are compatible with it. The problem is you don't know if its working correctly especially if it is a site I've never been to before. There is no way to tell if the site is fully loaded up or not. I first discovered this when trying to work on a site I was familiar with. Everything looked normal...almost. I realized some tabs where missing! Then there is the site that seems to be OK until you get to a certain point and something won't load. After working with the tech people for quite some time someone asks what browser I'm using and bingo... thats the problem. I'm using it right now as I type the post. I've asked others how when on a site do you know if its all there? No one has given me a definitive answer yet.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:16 pm

I started using Firefox last year when ie refused to post "next door" and Greg and Simple John had me try this!--I like it way better for looking up info too! --It does have a big learning curve that goes with it, but once you figure that out, you can do a lot of neat things with it! thanks; sonny

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:42 pm

Bill, make sure you have the latest version of Firefox. With the last upgrade, it is very rare to find a site it does not work with.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:45 pm

John I have the latest upgrade. I can give examples of websites I use for work that do not come up complete using Firefox and unless I am familiar with the site I wouldn't know things where missing. Yes, I do like it better than internet Explorer.

Return to “Off Topic”