This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

The Human Spirit (Bad Day Update)

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

The Human Spirit (Bad Day Update)

Postby Donny M » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:00 pm

In the last few days I have gone from really angry to humbled. I had so many calls on Tuesday from people wanting to help. One fella, John Batson from Sinclair Broadcasting offered the use of his equipment that is rarely used. I had only worked with John once and that was nearly 20 years ago. Amazing, talk about tool lending, we're talking about close to $60,000 worth of instruments.
My insurance company will cover my loss but there's quite a bit of paper work to do before we seee any funds. Once I order new equipment there's about an 8 week lead time.
Tuesday morning, after the theft I paid a vist to 7 pawn shops, each one told me they would never take an instrument like that because no body would ever buy it. My feeling is the thief didn't know what it was, it just looked expensive. In reality, they would have been better off stealing my flashlights, stupid crooks.
Some days I get discouraged with the human spirit, not today. I guess I've done some things right to have all these people willing to help.
This board and the small community I work, are some kind of folks. Thanks for letting me be a small part.
8) WAY 8)

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:31 pm

Donny: Many times I have seen you offer advice and encouragement to boost the spirits of forum members who were having problems, were depressed, with their inability to solve problems with their Cubs. I have been a recipient on several occasions. Seems to me that they are taking this opportunity to repay favors which you have provided to them. And thats the way it should be. Hope things work out for you. Dan

TOOLMAN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 90210

Postby TOOLMAN » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:32 pm

Kind of like the ole saying
why cry over spilled milk
Good attitude Donny

Keep an eye on ebay and craigs list if equipment is that rare
maybe it will turn up
Did you have any markings to identify it as yours
Serial numbers engraved SS number etc......
just a thought
3969 Members

1954 Cub quick hitch /Plow
1947 Ford 2N
1948 Green Machine Model M (i know)
Knowledge Is Power
and Power is Knowledge
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten."

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:00 pm

I have not met you yet ,but I I'm real sorry to hear about this.Crooks are not smart for if they were,they would work like the rest of us[I wish I was working].I hope they find your suff and the boneheads that took it.Hope is always there!!!Kevin ps we will meet one of these days :D
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cecil » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:13 pm

Donny the old saying of "what goes around comes around" can go either way. In your case it is the good way.

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:22 pm

Donny, You have always jumped right in and helped us with your wisdom, myself included. I can't help ya with your equipment but I can be a good politician and feel your pain. Need something else :!: well :wink: we can help. Hopefully there are better days ahead. Take care. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:58 pm

Donny:
Sounds to me you are loaded with a lot of great friends & people.
To me you & your family are the right side of the man up stairs. :wave: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I have never meet you but like to some day.
Be Safe Good luck
Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:48 pm

Donny, sometimes it takes a bump in the road to see how blessed we are.

Glad you are part of the forum family.
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

junkman1946
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby junkman1946 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:54 pm

Donny I dont know if this is a good idea or not. But I was thinking if you could post a vague description of what was stolen, those of us that lurk on Craigslist and E- bay could keep an eye out Nationwide. Frank
1948 Cub F,1962 Original,1971 C.C.model86, WheelHorse and C.C. mini pulling tractors, C.C. models1450 , 682,106,123, Ariens GT17 with loader,Jacobsen Powermax loader and backhoe 8 more Cub Cadets in the shed waiting to go under the knife and spray gun.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:44 pm

Donny:

I understand completely how you feel about being violated from a theft and what if feels like to be part of a community like ours. It is wonderful to be able to have friends and colleagues such as you have... and we are blessed when we least expect it.

I no longer get very worked up about stuff, cause I know for true that the old saying .. "What Goes Around Comes Around" is true, and that "We either pay now or pay LATER.. for our good and misdeeds"... As much solace as that does bring, the other emotions still run their course as well.

I can only imagine what that tool you lost was.. possibly a spectrum analyzer or something along those lines -- gotta be hefty to do what you do... but your friend John is a good example of colleagues to be blessed with.

For the theft, my BIL Ray stores some of his stuff here in the back yard way on down yonder by the brook. A couple of those boxes was highly specialized Aluminum extrusions custom ordered from Sweden for a specific sign. Expensive. In 2 boxes was $15,000.00US of aluminum extrusions. Was there on Friday.. come Monday morning -- ALL GONE!. Thieves must have cut is up, cause there was a region wide alert for the stuff including Maine and the Eastern Seaboard. Nothing ever was found.

They most likely stole it because of the recycle value of Aluminum.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Corky's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30607
Tractors Owned: Just One:
1957 Farmall Cub
"Corky"s Cub"

Postby Corky's Cub » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:23 pm

Donny,

Although we've never met, I already KNOW you're a great guy! :wink:

One more question to ask your insurance adjuster: "What provisions does my policy have to cover loss of business opportunity for the period of time it takes the insurance company to replace my equipment? I can't work without it...will you pay my lost income, or rent equipment for me in the meantime while we work this out?"

The approach is nice.....slow....firm...specific...drip...drip...drip...you get the idea! :wink:

By the way, us Jawja boys have already put a backwoods hex on them turds who stole your stuff...I hope it works so you get the satisfaction of seeing justice done! :D

Corky
I found this old Cub, Forgotten and Forlorn,
With pistons and valves frozen and worn.
Help from my buddies on Farmallcub.com,
And an engine from Ralph, (37’s the one),
Now ole Corky is running and back to life,
Much to the surprise of my dear, dear wife!

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:44 pm

Good man to jump in and offer help like that. I kind of thought what you had was not monday to friday stuff. The guys looking nearby Craigs and Ebay may help.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Big Bear
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30543

Postby Big Bear » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:24 pm

Donny,

Sorry to hear. I remember Kodiak going through a similar situation. ...and i'm sure most of us can relate in some way regarding theft and the aftereffects. Hope everything works out in your favor and in good time. Hang in there.
Regards,
Big Bear

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:29 pm

Donny,

Maybe it's just your good deeds coming back that he's helping you with equipment. Scruffy and I haven't forgotten your kindness with the grille!

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Postby Bill E Bob » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:22 am

Donny,
I'm late in getting to this, but really sorry to hear of your considerable
loss of equipment, however, in your case payback would NEVER be