This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Not so super Tuesday

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
magnumpi
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby magnumpi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:04 am

Rick: Your anecdote about the elderly woman voting strictly on gender is laughable......in the saddest of ways. Did I mention the "dumbing down of America" ?? The media which used to "report" the news now all have an agenda and "make" the news. Can't watch it anymore. Craig

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:41 am

To all that responded to this thead, "Thank you for your intelligent input!" (Except that 12V vs 6V comment. Just joking!) :P I mostly started the thread for me just to let off steam. To me, it's unreal how people can be lead by the nose by biased interests.

It seems as though many people detest the government's invasion of our privacy, but demand the government to continually make inroads into their personal lives.

Many want a quick and painless fix for our problems, but an easy way does not exist. Unless we want to give up all our freedoms.

In today's political environment, I feel that it is virtually impossible for a candidate to be honest and actually state the facts! The media would make them pay dearly. Unless they brought a tear to their eye.

I appreciate being able to enter a discussion on this forum about such topics. I keep in mind that it is a private enterprise, and try to act accordingly.

Thanks! Larry
The majority of men live lives of quiet desperation- Henry David Thoreau

DanR
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37743
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby DanR » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:50 am

Redman, I think you said it all very well. People have to be politically correct if they are in the political circle and the others just think it is campy.
47 Cub (Glenda)
52 Super A
62 Cub (Genie)
43 H
42 M
In all things know which way the wind is blowing.

Return to “Off Topic”