This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My new Cub Hauler - YAY!

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:07 pm

congrats Mike, hope you have good luck with her....

Good luck Kevin on the job front :!: :!: :!:

RonHarper
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74014

Postby RonHarper » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:29 pm

Hey Mike, that looks like a fine purchase. I have driven Ford trucks as long as I can remember and used them for my company to pull trailers, so when my wife wanted a Nissan Xterra, I was a little reluctant. Turned out to be a fantastic vehicle. It is great in the mud and snow. I have never towed anything but I am sure it would do fine for pulling tractors.
Rick Spivey wrote:
Consider getting a good trailer, maybe even with brakes, so you don't overtax the vehicle brakes.
Let me comment on this Mike. Don't "consider" Make absolutely sure you have brakes on your trailer. This is coming from someone who pulls trailers everyday. If you don't have brakes, even pulling an empty trailer will eventually wear on your brakes. Second and most important, when you are coming up to an intersection and the light turns yellow and you apply your brakes only to be pushed out in the middle of the intersection, you will wish you had trailer brakes, as well as if someone pulls out in front of you. BY ALL MEANS GET A TRAILER WITH GOOD BRAKES. You will also need the brake control installed in your truck on the drivers side. Have fun pulling all those cubs!!!
1949 Cub S/N 95854 "Ellis"
" It's not the size of the tractor in the fight, but the size of the fight in the tractor ".

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:40 pm

Mike:

Congratulations on the new acquisition. That should probably work for you and provide not only an interesting Cub Hauler but a backup Wisconsin Cub-lette Hauler as well for the little ones.. :big smile: Pretty good choice. Enjoy and have a lot of fun :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:25 pm

:applause: :thumbsup:

Return to “Off Topic”