This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

the freaks come out at night**update on Cubby**

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Re: the freaks come out at night

Postby Ron Luebke » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:13 pm

i spoke with phil on the phone this morning and he told me his pitbull adventure. i told him i was glad it was the goat pen because it could have been his daughter playing outside when the pitbull came up. some owner could not control their pitbull so phil controled it for them. way to go phil you did exactly what i would have done but i'd used a bigger gun just in case it was a mountian lion. :jeep:
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:29 pm

Everyone looks down on a 410, but don't sell them sh0ort. same velocity as bigger shotguns, just a smaller amount of lead. Even with shot as small as #7 it is pretty destructive at close range, and if you want to put slugs in it (yes they are available), it is about as viscous as a 45 Colt round.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

phildidit
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30114
Tractors Owned: 1951 cub "Ms. Scarlett"
1962 Leora's loboy "Starburst"
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby phildidit » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:46 pm

maybe i should get some slugs too.hmmmm.

Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20637
eBay ID: cub_parts_pro
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub, 1951 Farmall Cub, 1957 Copar Panzer T102, 1957 IH Lo-Boy, 2008 Kubota 2320

Postby Tim Martin » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:48 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Everyone looks down on a 410, but don't sell them sh0ort. same velocity as bigger shotguns, just a smaller amount of lead. Even with shot as small as #7 it is pretty destructive at close range, and if you want to put slugs in it (yes they are available), it is about as viscous as a 45 Colt round.

They also sell rifled hollow-point slugs for the 410.

My brother laughed when I told him that I have a Mossberg 410 for home-protection. It has a pistol grip, speed pump and a 18" barrel. I basically have 5-shot 26" long 41-Magnum. I load it with two rounds of bird shot followed with three hollow-point slugs. He wasn't laughing after I showed him that it will eaisily punch through doubled 3/4" plywood from 30' with the slugs. It is a very effective close range weapon...

... here kitty-kitty-kitty!

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:25 pm

Way to go, Phil. Sorry your goat was injured.

There was a recent episode in Springfield, MO where a homeowner shot and killed a pit bull that was running loose around a neighborhood and acting in an agressive manner. The dog's owner was on TV trying to convince everyone the shooter should be arrested for killing such a "kind and gentle" breed. The TV station ran a viewers poll and it was overwhelming on the side of the man that shot the dog. (Some wanted to shoot the owner as well.) Anyone who owns a pit bull just hasn't got a clue.
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:51 am

They are definitely agressive. And another bad thing is that they are really in the spotlight recently. They have taken over most of the bad publicity that other breeds had in the past. Dobermans, Rotweilers, Shepherds, etc. If I were in that situation I would have reacted then looked at the breed. Part of the reason these dogs are so destructive is their constuction. That coupled with their tenacity is bad all around. I'm sure there are nice ones. Just like there are mean or agressive Golden Retreivers on the other side of the coin.It's funny though. I worked 4 years at a vet I saw more mean and agressive small dogs than large ones. Even Pitts. And this was in the inner city. I didn't mind the mean large dogs as much as the small ones. I could wrestle the large ones. But little dogs you just can't hold on to!I think if i went out and saw a little dog attacking a pet I'd shoot it too!

phildidit
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby phildidit » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:27 pm

it was dark , i didn't know it was a pit bull, i just aimed at the glare in its eyes from my flashlight. i just knew it was a dog and my goat was bleeding. by the way he is recovering pretty well. he still isn't puting too much weight on his back leg but he is getting around more that yesterday. i think he'll be just fine. plus we will have some kids here soon. the nanny should be having them any time now.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:59 pm

Good job Phil!
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:41 pm

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Being PC has nothing to do in this situation. :) Keep up the good work. Just remember...Human eyes dont reflect light so ya gotta shoot when ??? I don't remember. :{_}: Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

Postby daddydip » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:07 pm

like i said before i agree 100% in shooting any animal attacking any of my animals on my property. i can't agree with people saying that the pits are the problem, it's the owners, i've raised and bred champion dual registered bull dogs and rarely had an animal that couldn't be dealt with love and affection, it is the people who take a nice animal and turn it into something that rightfully should be feared. on the other hand i have a jack russell that if he was any larger than he is ,he'd been dead a long time ago, he's mean aggressive and will not back down( except with yours truly). people need to do a little research on what they are getting into,and just because they own them doesn't mean they deserve them. the terrior breed are an aggressive breed of dog. i tell people all the time all they need to do is teach them to love them and the animal will do just fine. if you teach them to be on people, then you have something that people like myself won't hesitate to put down.
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:56 pm

Dogs can play havoc with goats. My neighbor keeps several goats. At night, or when they are scared, they go into a barn stall, drop down on their knees and crawl underneath the adjacent floored storage area of the barn. The neighbor usually closes the door to the stall at night after the goats are inside. One night he forgot to close the door. A group of dogs got into the stall and went underneath the floor where the goats were. There is about a 20 inch space between the floor and the ground, not enough room for the goats to get away. Three nanny goats were killed, the dogs chewed the testicles off of the billy goat. He survived for a few days then died, probably from a combination of stress and infection. It was several weeks before the remaining goats began returning to the barn at night. The dogs were strays, maybe no one in town owned them. But another neighbor felt sorry for them and put out feed each day. A few days of that and the strays became residents of the city block where I live. Had they not been fed, they wouldn't have been here and the dog-goat episode would not have happened. Dan

phildidit
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby phildidit » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:01 am

myself and my brotherinlaw live next door to each other and we had small children and it concerns me about dogs like that running loose. what if it were our children outside and those dogs came by? that is why we have leash laws, but i don't think people should have pit bulls if they can't keep them locked up. those dogs are bred killers. anything smaller is game to them.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:47 am

You did the right thing, no doubt about it. Watch the paper for missing dog. Only difference between you and me is that I would have used the 12 gauge.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

phildidit
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby phildidit » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:34 am

just an update, my billy, "cubby", is improving, i have been puuting antibacterial ointment on his wouds and giving him an oral antibioti and he is definately feeling a lt froggier. i have to chase him around to give him his medicine. just thought i'd let everyone know.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Re: the freaks come out at night**update on Cubby**

Postby Bigdog » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:48 am

Great news Phil! Ya done good!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Off Topic”