This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gasoline Price

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:38 pm

me and by mom lucked out yesterday. Stopped at my work to get my check and she figured that since it was stil 2.59 she would fill up. the oil truck was right behind us to change the price to 2.79

we lucked out big time
Image On To Bigger Things

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby jim turner » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:07 pm

Just filled up in Kansas City Mo $2.89
Jim Turner

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:44 pm

Potosi, Mo. 2.38 Mon. 3.00 today
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:57 pm

Well, not compalining, not doin much but remarkin...

Gas here is now $1.399/litre -- makes it $5.3722Cdn per US gallon. which is $4.405US/US gallon. Now here is the really bad news for those of us who actually know what an Imperial Gallon is -- $1.399/litre = $6.35999 Cdn for an Imperial Gallon. That works out to $5.215US for a Canadian Gallon...

Now that hurts :!:

Especially when my first car cost me $0.32 per Imperial gallon.. and $5.12Cdn would fill up my Pontiac's 16 Imperial Gallon tank......... it will cost me $90.935 Cdn to fill up my van tomorrow....

It sure is a good thing that I am independantly poor and no longer can work for a living 8) :shock: :? :lol: :lol:

At least I still have my sense of humour.. well at least until I fill up the van :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:11 pm

$3.16 in central Missouri and rising.

Eugene

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:22 pm

$3.19 here in Quincy, IL and across the river in West Quincy, MO I paid $3.05 tonight.

I guess there's no use in worrying about it, nothing you can really do but pay it OR walk, lol

Sure is going to play a big part in whether or not I go to CubArama.

John
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:16 am

Columbus, OH

Monday, @ SUNOCO, diesel was $2.549.....today it's $2.899. ALL grades of gasoline are over $3.00.

There are numerous sites/articles/newsstories on making biodiesel.......I'll bet it's only a matter of time before someone blows up half his neighborhood mishandling the methanol.....

I may have to ride my bike to work soon !! PEDAL POWER!! Heck...with the excersise, I may just waste away to SOMETHING !!! :lol: :lol:

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:24 am

Guy on Staten Island was making Biodiesel commercially. Somebody working for him was welding where he shouldn't have been led to an explosion and a very slick neighborhorhood

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:42 am

Paid $3.00 gallon yesterday at Walmart in Texarkana. Had been about $2.40 a week ago. Dan

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:14 am

Rudi: I paid $1.389 per liter here yesterday and they was talking of
going to $1.50 per liter
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:08 am

I don't understand human behavior.

Gas was $3.599 at the corner convience store - cars lined up on US 1 waiting and several guys fist fighting (well, more like a shouting and shoving match but the light changed and I went on) last night when we drove by. But one block north is an Exxon station with gas at $3.199 with only a few cars gassing up, but this particular Exxon is ALWAYS 15 - 20 cents higher than the convience store.

Mob mentality?
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:14 am

We had the same nonsense back in the 70's gas mess. People who always ran around with a half empty tank had to top off all the time. Lines at gas stations, fights stations running out of gas etc. I had a neighbor owned a station. nick took a different neighbors car to work each day and came home with a full tank of gas for you at his cost not pump price. I had a convention to go too in VA Beach VA. Half a dozen of my friends and neighbors were going too. We all lined up the night before at a Hess Station. We were about a quarter of a mile from the station. Each day a tanker load would come in and they pumped till it was all gone. I got two bottles of wine, Bev got some glasses and chips. We set up a bar on the cab of my PU. Every one sat around in the bed and tail board. Tiny said he was going over to see his daughter at the local Kentucky Fried Chicken. Turns out they were closing for the night and we had buckets of fried chicken for the party. We invited all the people in line to join us. Some came with cases of soda and beer. A good night was had by all. In the morning we got our gas and headed south. Got over the Deleware Memorial Bridge and we figured best top off, There was all the gas you could want and no lines. We had a load of lemons and decided to make lemonade. Bet there is some of that topping off and cans in case going on right now as well.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:03 am

It's pretty much the same thing going on here. A lot of outages in Mississippi are sending folks over here to fill up. We have some outages now. I do believe that the *&$#@*& media is "sensationalizing" the storm problems, at least on the energy side of it. I'll post a link to a blog that tells a little more accurate story, which you'll see that the biggest problems are getting electricity back.......and they are making good progress.

http://ensec.typepad.com/stormwatcher/

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:29 am

Thanks HR that took quite a bit of reading.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:38 am

Harold:

You hit the nail on the head.

I was watching CNN last night. Two guys were being interviewed by Aaron Brown.. the first guy was the former head of The Army Corps of Engineers -- he had some interesting and truthful stuff to say about rebuilding New Orleans and what the cost was -- made reference to the Politically Correct crap at the OMB - he made a lot of sense -- Aaron cut him off, quickly thanked him and moved on (I guess a producer told Aaron to get rid of him cause it wasn't sensational enough stuff). About a minute later the same thing happened when he was talking to an Energy Analyst. The guy had good news to offer with some hope and some tips -- he got the bums rush too...

The media needs to sensationalize just about everything. In the last dozen years you never see the good stuff, oh once in a while a real touching story that we all want to see - but usually it is a significant event, not everyday good feeling stuff --they just want to televise the negative - it sells better.

Like Iraq -- you know they never show the good that the US and Canadian troops are doing or the Brits for that matter in Iraq and Afghanistan. All you see is the negative - the fighting, the bomblings etc... and how much the fanatical Muslims hate us.

You never see how the Iraqi people or the Afghani people really feel about our troops as they rescue the stranded, the injured or the needy. You never see the hope that these people have as the troops restore power to neighbourhoods, or rebuild a school, fix sewers or water mains. You never see the kids faces as our soldiers give them a bit of candy or other sweets, or take a bunch of kids to the new schools in the back of a deuce and a half. Hey, how about the fact that girls in Afghanistan can actually go to school... :idea: :?:

Nope :!: we never see that -- too bad, it would sell a lot more papers, make a lot more people smile, change a lot of negative attitudes into positive attitudes.

Bill:

well said. the old catchphrase - when given a bowl of lemons, make lemmonade :D still holds true today. Too bad most of the younger generation have no idea what that statement really means....

When faced with adversity we have 2 choices -- complain and moan, or take life by the horns and dance....

Well said. :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship