This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

batttery terminal remover

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

batttery terminal remover

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:55 pm

I found this in a local sporting goods/pawn shop when I went in looking for ammo. It appears to be the right size and shape for a battery terminal remover, but who ever heard of a slide hammer puller for battery terminals, I would think that would be a good way to damage a battery. When looking at it I noticed the knob on the end has an allen head socket in it, which would allow it to be used as a normal battery terminal puller. Anyone have any other ideas?
0414161617.jpg

0414161616.jpg
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: batttery terminal remover

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:24 pm

John,

That is a pretty sophisticated plumbing tool. A faucet handle remover that is missing the end (without it, it is useless for its intended purpose) right near the threads. That end was inserted where the screw was located then the jaws were tightened on the lever, a couple or more taps with the slide hammer and the lever came off. The one I used when Jo and I managed a 52 unit apartment complex was much less sophisticated. :D

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:57 am

I knew someone on here would have the answer, and that is a lot more reasonable than my idea. Was the missing piece an adapter that held a screw the size of the one in the faucet?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bill Hudson » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:05 pm

John,

Just a part of the rod that was machined smaller than the screw. It sole purpose was to locate the shaft so that the shaft would not interfere with the lever you were removing. Stubborn levers could break that small pin off. I'm thinking that if you examine the end of it, you will find evidence that it was broken off.

Your post brought back many pleasant memories of my time at Texas A&M. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Return to “Off Topic”