Re: Prayer request for the McComb's family

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:19 pm

Don, I apologize for getting to this so late as I have been off the forum for the most part for the past several days!

My prayers go up for your family... Please, God...let it be a minor issue... Your will be done!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:39 pm

My prayers are with you and your family, Mr. Don.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Thanks, to all, for your thoughts and prayers. Kris was moved on Wednesday to Seattle to a hospital better equipped to deal with her situation. It was, indeed, a stroke. The only effects have been to her speech and memory, to a degree. She is doing quite well. She is on a blood thinner to dissolve the clot. She is progressing very well and has already started speech therapy. Her chances for a complete, or nearly so, recovery are excellent. It will be a long road ahead for her, but she has a good attitude. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks, again.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:36 pm

Don, I'm glad to hear that. Thoughts and prayers will continue from here.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Thanks for the update, Mr. Don. Continued prayers for Kris as well as for you and your family.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:02 pm

I know that attitude is very important in these situations, my hopes for a good recovery. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:27 pm

Don,

Sorry to be late in posting. I hope your daughter has a speedy recovery. I'm glad to hear spirits are high, that is more than half the battle!

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:05 pm

Thanks for the update, Don. I wish her a speedy recovery. Ed

Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:00 pm

Prayers on the way from the Ozarks.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:07 pm

You got it Don. Remember what I said. Need anything let me know. Grump

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:09 pm

This will be my last entry in this thread. Thanks, again, for everyone's prayers and well wishes. They've certainly worked. Kristen's recovery is going so well that she has amazed even the doctors. If any of you saw and talked with her today, I doubt that you would even realize that she had a stroke. She will probably be released to go home by the weekend. I will be flying back home on Friday. Debbie will drive back to Butte with Kris and Brian to get things settled in there, and then come on home. See you at Rick's. :D

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:22 pm

Great NEWS!!!! Look forward to seeing you at Rick's.Kevin

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Don,

Wonderful! Prayer has been answered.

Bill

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:56 pm

Don great news. Give Pris and my best. See you at Rick's.