This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Blade for cutting sheet metal/roofing material

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Blade for cutting sheet metal/roofing material

Postby Eugene » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:28 pm

https://www.amazon.com/IRWIN-Metal-Cutt ... B0030XMFHK

Purchased the 68 Irwin teeth blade from the local hardware store for $45.00. Have cut around 70 sheet metal roofing panels for siding and several translucent light panels for the hog barn. Still using the blade. Also have cut some wood 2x4's with the blade.

Prior to purchase used up the on hand grinding blade to cut sheet metal. Wore out the blade on 2 or 3 cuts.

The sheet metal cutting blade is very inexpensive if you have a large number of roofing or siding cuts to make.
I have an excuse. CRS.

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22650

Re: Blade for cutting sheet metal/roofing material

Postby mozer71 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:31 pm

Thanks for the review. The reviews on amazon are positive but I don't know those people. This is an amazing blade by your experience.

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:11 am

Thanks, for posting this. I have cut a lot of roofing metal. That would have been handy to have.

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:35 am

We use something similarity to that except it a diamond blade that is for 4.5" in the fire service.
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:01 pm

Eugene wrote:https://www.amazon.com/IRWIN-Metal-Cutting-Circular-Blade-4935560/dp/B0030XMFHK

Purchased the 68 Irwin teeth blade from the local hardware store for $45.00. Have cut around 70 sheet metal roofing panels for siding and several translucent light panels for the hog barn. Still using the blade. Also have cut some wood 2x4's with the blade.

Prior to purchase used up the on hand grinding blade to cut sheet metal. Wore out the blade on 2 or 3 cuts.

The sheet metal cutting blade is very inexpensive if you have a large number of roofing or siding cuts to make.
that blade looks/sounds similar to a blade we called a "blue blade " ( brand name ?) , it came as a package , dedicated saw and blade . we used that blade for just about everything (mainly metal ) the last two years at lsu . they were still using it when i retired . i used it to cut rotted roof decking , i did not have to worry about hitting the nails . the first time my boss found out i was using it for decking , he freeked out , " THATS FOR METAL NOT WOOD " :roll: . that blade cut just about anything . coppersmythe.......................