This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Test Plate for cub radiators

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Test Plate for cub radiators

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:25 pm

We have a new welding and fabrication shop near Potosi, Mo. that I took my leaky radiator to and asked if they could make me an adapter to go on the bottom for pressure testing. In about 20 minutes I had 2 plates ,cut to the correct size and holes drilled in them in the proper places. One plate was solid across the bottom, and the second one was the shape of a gasket. I could have used a gasket between the two, but instead used some Permatex aviation sealer between them. I took the adapter along with a gasket to the local radiator shop, and he said it worked great, but my 49 radiator was to old to repair, so I will be heading to JP Tractor in a week or two to pick up a new one. If anyone is interested in one of the adapter, the cost will be $25 plus shipping. The company name is HCJ, and phone number is 573-436-4425. The dimensions are stored on the computer,. and all they have to do is load a piece of metal and run the program for it. When you call the file name is "CUB RADIATOR PAN". When I asked about the name, he said he used to be a pipe fitter and the use a similar item called a pan to cap off a section of pipe line for pressure testing.

Sorry I don't have any pictures, but the local radiator shop gets calls about cub radiators every now and then, and he is also a friend, so I left the plates and gasket with him.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Test Plate for cub radiators

Postby T-Mo » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:00 am

Hey, John. We could use new businesses in the Potosi area. Where is this shop located at? I could always use some welding and fabricating done.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Test Plate for cub radiators

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:35 pm

T-Mo wrote:Hey, John. We could use new businesses in the Potosi area. Where is this shop located at? I could always use some welding and fabricating done.
It has a Cadet mailing address, but is located on the right just as you turn off 21 on to Radio Station Road. The big building has been there for many years, but the business now in it is new
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!