This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Update on .pdf printing problems

How do I.... ?
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Update on .pdf printing problems

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:05 pm

I didn't feel like working in the shop today, so I did some more testing on my problem. If I print .pdf files such as owners manuals from manufacturers, all is well, it prints as it should. If I print files I or others on this site have scanned they print slow, print a line or two, pause, print a few more lines, pause, etc. I have tried files that have been scanned and saved to .pdf from 3 different printers myself, and a couple that are in the Cub.pdf files that I do not know who scanned. This problem occurs using my HP Officejet PRO 8630 printer, which is about 1 year old and has had the drivers deleted and new ones installed, plus the firmware updated. The firmware update did seem to help a little. When I print the same files to my HP Deskjet 3512 or my Kodak Hero 9.1, the .pdf files print normally, so I had been figuring it was something in my 8630. I have deleted my Adobe Reader and downloaded and reinstalled it. MY PC was updated from Win 7 to 10, and I have kept it updated. I have also downloaded SODA, which is an aftermarket program for handling .pdf files, and it has the same probelm.

As a further test I transferred some of the .pdf files to my Compaq laptop, which is also several years old and has been upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. To my surprise, when I used the Compaq laptop the files printed normally which makes me think the problem is in my desktop. I am at a loss as to the problem. I have posted on the HP forum about it, but so far no responces.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Update on .pdf printing problems

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:38 pm

Looks like I have solved my problem. The print head on my old HPO went bad, and it cost 3/4 the price of the printer to replace. I had an extended warranty on it, and after doing some checking they decided to send me a check for the price of the printer. I assume they figured that would cost less than shipping my printer, which was failry large, repairing it, and shipping it back. I have always had good luck with HP printers, except for my last 2, both of which used the same print head, and both of which had print head problems, so I decided to go a different rout this time. I bought a Brother monochrome laser all-in-one, model MFC-L2740DW. It has automatic 2 sided printing, plus 2 sided scanning, copying, and faxing. I have another printer on my desk that will do color if I need it, plus will also print 2 sided. The difference between the control software of the HP and the Brother take some getting used to, but so far I am happy with it.

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Stanton » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:39 am

Glad HP made good on their warranty and you got the issue resolved.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:33 pm

Stanton wrote:Glad HP made good on their warranty and you got the issue resolved.
Not Hp, I had an extended warranty through Square Deal. Hp had replaced it once under the original 1 year warranty, but that had expired. I had owned 2 of the 8310 models, and 2 of the 8630 models, all of which used the same model print head. 3 of the failures were the print head. The first 8310, which is the only one I had to pay for, I bought an extended warranty through Asurion, HP replaced the head under warranty and Assurion replaced the printer under the extended plan. That is when I bought the 8610, but this time the extended warranty was through Square Deal. At about 10 months the USB port quit working, and HP replaced the printer with a refurbished one. In about another year that one quit. and rather than repair it since the print head was bad which was 3/4 the price of the printer Square Deal sent me a check for it. That is when I bought the Brother. I also have an extended warranty (4 years) through Square Deal on it, but from the user reports I have seen I probably wasted that $24, the printer probably won't quit.

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”