This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

need help locking settings on Android

How do I.... ?
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

need help locking settings on Android

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:33 pm

There is a lot of collective wisdom on this site I would like to take advantage of. I have a friend since my childhood (now in my early 70s), that a few months ago had a brain tumor (diagnosed as terminal cancer) that is in a nursing home in another county. With the current lock down her only means of communications with anyone, including her limited family is her phone. She has reached the point in her thinking that she keeps messing up the settings, such as ringing, voice volume, airplane mode, etc. When she does no one can reach her. Is anyone familiar with an App that will lock the settings, volume controls, etc. without making the phone harder to use? The staff at the nursing home have helped by bringing her phone out to me a couple times so I could get it working, but I do not want them to have to keep doing that, plus me driving a hundred mile round trip twice each time to get it going.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

ddlebail
Zip Code: E1N6B5
Tractors Owned: :
1960 Farmall Cub
1979 Ford 1700 4X4

Re: need help locking settings on Android

Postby ddlebail » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:53 pm

Hi,
This is not exactly an answer as to a good app, but there are some good options with the Andriod OS as noted in this article.
The article is a couple of years old, but the information is still valid.

https://www.howtogeek.com/223530/how-to-lock-down-your-android-tablet-or-smartphone-for-kids/

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:25 am

Thanks, after a few hours of experimenting I found Perfect Applock. Once I experimented with it a little, I sprung for $2.99 for the Pro edition that does not have ads in it. It is not too difficult to set up, at least compared to some of the others, and once installed can lock any app to prevent changes, including settings. If you have ever dealt with anyone with dementia as it progressed, this is what I am seeing in my friend. The two of us are not related, but have always looked at each other like brother and sister since we were kids.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:50 am

I have an excuse. CRS.

ddlebail
Zip Code: E1N6B5
Tractors Owned: :
1960 Farmall Cub
1979 Ford 1700 4X4

Postby ddlebail » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:53 pm

Glad you found something that will assist in your quest!
Yes, dementia is a terrible ailment, my mother was afflicted by it. Very hard to watch the progression in loved ones.

ajhbike
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 06405
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub
1951 Super C
1966 IH 504 Hi-Clear
1968 JD 3020
1949 JD B
1949 Ford 8N
1955 Ferguson TO-35