This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ford 601 Broken Bolt in Gas Tank

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Ford 601 Broken Bolt in Gas Tank

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:44 am

Does anyone here have any good suggestions on removing a broken bolt (size is between a #10 and 1/4" on my bolt gauge) in the bottom of a gas tank from a 601 Ford tractor. This is the small bolt that holds the fuel shutoff/pickup on. I was trying to install a gasket and block off plate so I could clean the tank out and I broke the bolt off into the gas tank. How can I get it out? The bolt was already out/loose and I reinstalled it too tight and broke it.....it didn't take much. So far I have used a center punch to and (2) different sized left hand drill bits to drill it, and one of those spiral type EZ outs.....what next ?? I hammered the EZ out in there pretty tight and tried turning it but I am afraid I'll break it off too. My center punch didn't line the drill hole up perfectly and I am at a loss for trying to get it out now. Being such a small bolt makes it really tough. Haha, next time I'll just use a rubber stopper to plug the hole!!
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor: