This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gravely(Crowley) Trencher

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Gravely(Crowley) Trencher

Postby tmays » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:02 am

Anyone have one with the old style rotary drive attached? Could use some pics of your setup, specifically location of gear oil fill plug location. The one I have is located close to bottom of unit. Doesn’t seem like that would be enough oil for operation. Looking for info on these things online gives up almost nothing
Thomas

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Gravely(Crowley) Trencher

Postby Peter Person » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:37 pm

Thomas,
Richard’s in Spencer, WV is probably your best bet.
https://www.gravelyparts.com/
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:05 pm

Peter Person wrote:Thomas,
Richard’s in Spencer, WV is probably your best bet.
https://www.gravelyparts.com/

Thanks, Peter, but Jamie’s hours and mine don’t mix for a phone call. And their website is basically useless for most old gravely stuff. The trencher, while sold by gravely, was an aftermarket attachment. Gravely has no parts or owners manual for this piece of equipment that I’ve seen. And believe me, I’ve searched. This attachment is one of the unicorns in the gravely world. I happen to have two of them. They are the only two I’ve ever seen. And what pics I’ve found online are poor quality or don’t show what I’m looking for. One day I’ll get one of the newer style drives for mine, which get lubed with grease
Thomas

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Postby tst » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:42 pm

I used double "O" grease in mine

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:57 am

tst wrote:I used double "O" grease in mine

Thanks, Tim. What to use isn’t a problem. Just trying to figure original setup(orientation) of the trencher using the old style rotary unit. Both of the ones I have were configured differently. One had fill plug facing the tines and other away from the tines. The one facing tines puts fill plug on side close to the bottom. The other unit with fill hole away from tines, which puts hole toward top. But this one, looks like the innards must have been reversed, which puts the bottom of large gear very very close to fill hole. Hard to get any lube in that way, gear blocking hole. I tend to believe PO did this himself, but just not sure

Where is the fill plug located on your unit?
Thomas

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Postby tst » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:37 am

I sold mine so do not remember, OO grease almost does not move or leak out so you could fill it off the tractor and then put it back on