This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

yanmar fuel leak

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
getitrunning
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 37881
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub 1948 w mower
Farmall Cub 1949
super A w/cultivators
super A w/woods 59
cub low boy 154
cub cadet 1864
Yanmar 1500D
Belarus 525
Ford 4000 1962 Diesel

yanmar fuel leak

Postby getitrunning » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:22 pm

ok like the compulsive I am I ordered new parts from hoye for the old yammer 1500d.
I am slowly putting this good old machine back into service. its was probably built in the 70's or 80's and sat outside most its life.
it has less than 300 hours and the engine is probably not even broken in yet. runs great now that I put a new injector pump on it.
the fuel tank needed replacing the plastic was brittle and I sprung for a new fuel valve and filter assembly. the old one leaks.
anyway. the new one leaks too. was in that part of the barn today and 5 gallons of diesel leaked out in past couple months. so I dug out the old filter assembly, took it apart, cleaned it out good and put a new o ring on the valve shaft. hopefully this will fix the leaking problem. I air tested the old valve after reassembling it and it isn't leaking any air.
anyone else had problems with Japanese fuel filter valves leaking

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: yanmar fuel leak

Postby Gary Dotson » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:33 am

I’ve never had any issues with them and I’ve owned quite a few Yanmars and Kubotas.