This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

AC CA

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

AC CA

Postby WKPoor » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:45 pm

I've been working on a CA last couple of weeks. I picked it up about 4yrs ago. Quite an incredible find. Lived its whole life in a heated garage. Has original tires with no weather cracks. Came with manuals that have the name, address and phone# for original owner inside upper L/H corner of each book. Tractor is in impeccable original condition and no rust. Being 55yrs old however it does have leaks, and the old cloth wiring has simply fallen apart. Paint is aged also.
The thing that really amazed me is when I looked into the valve cover through the breather. Absolutely clean! No sludge build up. How can that be? I've never seen any old original tractor that the engine didn't have a generous build up from yrs of detergent free oil use. Can it be that this tractor really has very little time on it. Many things I've seen as I go through it suggest so. It still has the original distributor cap as evident from the paint job and I suspect the plug wires also. The contacts under the cap show almost no wear. This thing just amazes me.
I mainly stick to the red but I can't wait to fire up this orange thing and give it a try. OBW, the cranking compression is 130 psi across. Again that is super.
On paper its got the power of an H in the size of a Cub.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”