This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Guess What I Got For Christmas??

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Guess What I Got For Christmas??

Postby Rudi » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:36 pm

I sure hope Santa was good to y'all this Chritsmas..

Sure was here..

Ahhhh Yuppp.. a neat stocking stuffer:

A real handy little item -- $14.99 at Princess Auto.

And my girls got me $80.00 in Gift Certificates to go along with that... I guess that means... Hydrualic Hoses :wink: :shock: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Merry Christmas all ! Image
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:14 pm

8) Cool Rudi :D :D :D :D

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:31 pm

I have owned one of them for years, and for somethings they are about indispencible. I couldn't find mine a while back, so i bought a replacement. The day after I got the new one dirty, I found the old one. now I have two.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:39 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I have owned one of them for years, and for somethings they are about indispencible. I couldn't find mine a while back, so i bought a replacement. The day after I got the new one dirty, I found the old one. now I have two.

John:

Been there, done that.. and I won't say how often. A lot like that safe place we put stuff we don't want to lose.. and then cannot remember where that safe place was :!: :wink: :arrow: :roll: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it will be an excellent adjunct to my air powered impact wrench :!:

I love tools :!: :!: :!: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

junkman1946
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby junkman1946 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:45 pm

The ONLY tool for frozen slotted and phillips head fasteners-air tools will just jump out of the slots. BTW if your running medium pressure Hyd. and can use pipe thread and stock sizes. Northern HYdraulics sells exc. quality hoses all made up for short money. Frank
1948 Cub F,1962 Original,1971 C.C.model86, WheelHorse and C.C. mini pulling tractors, C.C. models1450 , 682,106,123, Ariens GT17 with loader,Jacobsen Powermax loader and backhoe 8 more Cub Cadets in the shed waiting to go under the knife and spray gun.

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:21 am

Rudi, i used one of those to remove the screws that hold the hand crank in place. worked really well when nothing else would :wink:
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:02 pm

Anyone know where to get a manual impact wrench? All I find are air tools and I don't have a compressor. Thanks,
Findoggy

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:17 pm

Findoggy:

Princess Auto, download the catalogue and you can order by mail. $14.95Cdn.. ship daily to the US..

or you can find them in the US at Northern Tool:
Olympia Tools Impact Driver Set — 7-Pc.
Which right now is on sale for $7.00US

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:53 am

Rudi,
Thank you for telling me where to find this tool. Is it just for screwdriver bits? I found one on Sears for a fair bit more money ($24 I think), but it said you could also use socket sets with it. I have a birthday coming up, maybe I'll drop a few hints. Happy New Year to you and anyone else who may be reading this post! Findoggy

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:12 am

Findoggy:

Image , it is not just for screws :!: You can use it for stubborn bolts and such as well. The bit holder on the end just pops off like a socket. Mine is a 1/2" drive but there is also a 3/8" version of this tool also. I think the 1/2" is better for this..

I was into my Sears store yesterday as a matter of fact, and whilst browsing I did not find any of these tools at all. That doesn't mean much, as our Sears seems to be losing it'self through indifference, and the variety of tools offered has decreased dramatically.

By past experience, the Sears stuff that is made in the US or Canada is good quality, but any of their imports are probably made in the same plants just like Northern Tool but at almost twice the price. RexCut it a plant in Taiwan that comes immediately to mind.

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:46 pm

It pays to read what others post. Hardly a week goes by without my learning something which I wasn't aware of previously. I have had an impact tool for removing stubborn screws for several years. But I wasn't aware that I could remove the end which holds bits and have an impact which would hold sockets. I tried that and it works. I now have a super tool. Dan

01AFcub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 01AFcub » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:35 am

I have used impact screwdrivers lots of times. Quite often the screws on my equipment get stuck, as my equipment dosnt live indoors but out on the flightline, and stuff gets rusty here near the mediteranian (sp?) Well that and alot of my fellow mechanics take the short way out and force screws where they dont belong sometimes lol. I know that is something that will definatly be bought when i get my shop. Take care Be well
matt z
ps I will finally come home again in about 6 days, I cannot wait for January Cubfest
Love to one, Friendship to many, Goodwill to all.-anonymous

The secret of success: never let down and never let up. - anonymous

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It is lent to you by your children. - kenyan proverb

magnumpi
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby magnumpi » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:25 am

Matt: Many thanks for your service to our country !! Stay safe and out of harms way. Happy New Year. Craig

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:40 am

Don't Forget Guys...a FEW DROPS OF KROIL on those screws and bolts...THEN the impact tool and you'll see they'll come out FRESH AS A DAISY ! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:39 am

Looking forward to meeting you in person Matt. Just to thank you for what you are doing for us and our future.
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”