This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pressure Washers

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Pony Master
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62253
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Pony Master » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:14 am

Generac also has an assebly plant for generators in Elkhart, IN. I went there 2 years ago to pick up a generator for a neighbor. I am not sure who had the bright idea to install a stop light every 500 feet from just north of Indianapolis to Kokomo, IN.
1947 Circle Cub, 193, 189
1954 Cub w/FH, IH100, 194, F11
1956 Cub Loboy w/FH and 194
1960 Cub Loboy w/FH and L-54
1953 Super A, 2 seater B, Avery V, Avery A, JD M, MH Pony, Leader D, Allis Chalmers C, and my Great Grandpa's ZA Minneapolis Moline.

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby VinceD » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:28 pm

The Generac engine and the Generac power washer are made by two separate companies. I discovered this when I was researching the Generac engine on a ZTR we wanted to buy.. Here is what I found (from a previous post):

There are two companies with similar names:
1. Generac Portable Products. This is a wholly owned subsidiary of Briggs and Stratton engines. They manufacture sprayers and pressure washers but do not use and or not connect with Generac engines. (http://www.generac-portables.com)

2. Generac Power Systems. This is a privately owned company that manufactures Guardian generators for residential and commercial sales. Generac Power Systems supplies the engines for the generators and has started selling the engines to other manufacturers, such as the ZTR mower we are considering. This company is NOT connected with Briggs or any other company. (http://www.generac.com)

(At one time Generac Power Systems owned the Portable Products division and sold it to Briggs & Stratton.)

I wrote to Generac corporate offices and asked if they really built their own engines or did they simply private label another brand. Here is there reply:
Generac wrote:
To answer your questions:
1. Our OHVI air cooled engines are built by us.
2. Some of our engine parts are built by us others are ordered and built in our facility.
3. We design and build them.

So Mike, I think you're right - you will probably not find a Generac power washer with a Generac engine. :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

flyawa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66701
Tractors Owned: .
1 1948 Cub
2 1950 Cubs
1 1951 Cub
1 1952 Cubs
1942 Farmall H
1939 Ford 9N
1930 John Deere D
1941 John Deere B
1948 Allis Chalmers C
1956 Farmall 400
1945 Chrysler Airport Tug
Location: KS, Fort Scott (S.E. Kansas - Home of the people of the south wind; the Kansa)

Postby flyawa » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:43 am

'bout 10 years ago I bought one from Sherwin Williams that had a V-twin Honda engine. It was rated at 4000 PSI. We used it to clean 90 years of paint off a 5 story brick building and take out loose morter before tuck pointing. You had to be very careful where you pointed it. It actually was a bit dangerous.

The regional salesman dropped by to check and see how we liked it and was telling us that he sold one in Cleveland to a contractor. One of the hired hands tried to get a drink out of the wand. After some serious plastic surgery some of his close friends may recognize him again.

Be careful of anything with high pressure. Airless paint sprayers, Hydraulic lines etc.

My dad once filled his thumb with oil based paint while cleaning an airless paint pump.
"Maintain thine airspeed lest the Earth rise up and smite thee"

LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

Postby LiL' Red » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:14 pm

I've worked around several portable generators, washers, trash pumps,and air compressors over the last few years and as bad as I hate to admit it...I'll take the Honda engine everytime. They just seem to be a little more reliable than the rest.